Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
vanillabean
vanillabean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (red)
ADE Registry Question

Hello! I am fairly new here, and I just bought my first e-reader last week.

I had ADE on my computer from before I had an e-reader. I tried downloading an e-book to read on my computer. It didn't work out so well. I had an existing Adobe ID from registering my Adobe CS2 (old school!) back in college, so I just used that for this library book.

Now my e-reader (a Sony) is telling me my computer is registered on ADE to the old e-mail/account. Can I update it? I don't care if I lose access to the one library book I tried out many months ago, as long as it won't muck with my content on my reader. And I need to keep the old Adobe ID because I still use CS2 (on occasion).

For clarification, the e-mail I used for the Reader store and the e-mail I used for ADE are different.

Thanks in advance!
vanillabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Upon installing ADE, you can link your PC to your Adobe ID. The same goes for your reader. I haven't heard of issues yet with regards to the ID being too old. The same ID must be used for both reader and ADE in order to make the DRM work as far as I know.

You can always create a new Adobe ID of course.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
vanillabean
vanillabean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (red)
But does my Reader store login not link me to an ADE account as well?
(This is kind of a question for both the Sony forums and the Epub forums...)

Editing for clarification: My old ID is fine, and I can use it for my CS2 keys. When I installed ADE on my desktop I linked it to that ID. Now, when I am trying to sync my reader it is saying my computer is identified with the old ID. I don't want my reader to be identified with that old ID. Can I override my desktop's ADE to my Reader's ADE?

Last edited by vanillabean; 05-30-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Clarification
vanillabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
No, I think your reader account is different from your adobe account.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The old Adobe ID (email) won't go away if you change the ID that ADE is registered with. You will still be able to use that old email/ID with CS2.

You will lose access to any books that you downloaded (with ADE) under the old registration, but you indicate that this amounts to one library book and you don't care about losing it.

If you don't care about losing that one book, then go ahead and re-register your Desktop ADE with the same AdobeID/email as your Sony device. As long as you're not changing the ID/email of the device itself, it shouldn't affect the content already on the reader.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert