Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
lobotom1
Edge User

Landscape reading on e-ink screen

The landscape reading on e-ink works but on certain pages can cause an issue with the default zoom.

When turning to landscape, you will see "half of the page", if by no luck there is a line in the "frontier" of the up part and the low part of the page you won't be able to read that line (half letter on the up side and half letter on the low side).

When zooming out once it can help while still keeping a good reading comfort.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

You can navigate to the parts of the page not shown on the screen using the new onscreen arrow buttons. If you select "Fit to Page" from the View menu that displays the entire page. Immediately after selecting that option it gives you garbage on the screen but if you hit page forward and then page backward it displays properly.

Also, you can't annotate while in landscape (and any annotations you made in portrait mode vanish until you switch back). You can highlight though.

Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
brauckmiller
Edge User

Yeah...saw this one too. But I seem to remember when I tried it, it was actually pulling in a page from a previously opened book. So, half the page was the current book and the other half was from the previous book I had opened.

Weird.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

That sounds like a screen refresh problem that has on-and-off dogged the Reader. Tapping the Refresh icon at the top of the Reader should clear out the ghosts of pages past.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
larka2006
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiposius Maximus View Post
You can navigate to the parts of the page not shown on the screen using the new onscreen arrow buttons. If you select "Fit to Page" from the View menu that displays the entire page. Immediately after selecting that option it gives you garbage on the screen but if you hit page forward and then page backward it displays properly.

Also, you can't annotate while in landscape (and any annotations you made in portrait mode vanish until you switch back). You can highlight though.
And you can copy text and paste it in other note-taking software, like Evernote. This has worked for me but not on all PDFs. I only wish I can have Zotero running on Tablet side. I became accustomed to keeping all references and note in it, so at work I mostly read on screen of PC and have 2 displays...Probably EE can be great for this, PE is still to small for sci papers in 2 columns, but readable now in landscape mode...

Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
Steed
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
That sounds like a screen refresh problem that has on-and-off dogged the Reader. Tapping the Refresh icon at the top of the Reader should clear out the ghosts of pages past.
The refresh does work to display the screen properly.

The one problem I have with this initial take on the Landscape view is it only displays as the top being towards the spine of the book. I would love to have this reversed or optional to switch. This way I can use the LCD side at the same time as the Reader (without trying to read upside down) [kind of in reverse laptop style].

Old 05-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
lorenzoens
Edge User

I just went to the Ermine beta.
Landscape works well but you need to use the refresh button more often than in the past.