Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #16
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@dwanthny - thanks for sharing that, I hope others will find it useful as a more comprehensive tag starting point than the more minimal set of Goodreads genre -> Calibre tag mappings I include with the plugin.

For anyone not quite sure what to do with this file, it is for use after you have installed the Goodreads plugin from the start of this thread.

Then just download dwanthny's zip file, extract the Goodreads.json file and copy it into your local Calibre configuration plugins folder.

You can find this folder from Preferences -> Miscellaneous ->Open calibre configuration directory and going to the plugins subfolder.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #17
potestus
Enthusiast
potestus began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
And Then What happens?

I carried out the instructions and .....

regards
potestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #18
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@potestus - as a result of doing those steps, the next time you do a metadata download with the Goodreads plugin then depending on the book you may get more Calibre tags coming through from Goodreads genres and subgenres. It is still completely dependent on the book and what genres it has been assigned by the Goodreads librarians, obviously dwanthny's mappings should give you a higher chance for more tags than before and I would guess with more granular tags for the genres.

To verify the config file is ready to take effect, from the metadata configuration dialog if you click on the Goodreads plugin and choose to configure you should see a very long list of Goodreads genres to Calibre tags.

If you don't get more Calibre tags - most likely it is because of that particular book (click on the Goodreads link in the book details pane to see the webpage and compare the genres listed for it with your mappings). You must also make sure that populating the tags field is set, and that you haven't overly restricted the maximum number of tags to be downloaded (all configured via the metadata configuration dialog).
Old 05-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #19
potestus
Enthusiast

Thanks,
That worked..

seemingly magic.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #20
potestus
Enthusiast

Since doing the above, my tags and tag mapping are not working.

Any tags I add to the godreads Customisation to be synced with goodreads shelves do not appear in the mapping list anymore. They are synced with goodreads but are not mappable.

Philosophy, Politics, on-the-shelf - do not appear on the mappable items.

ie 27 on the database but only 24 come up as mappable?

I have the version .8 mod applied

regards

Last edited by potestus; 05-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by potestus View Post
Since doing the above, my tags and tag mapping are not working.

Any tags I add to the godreads Customisation to be synced with goodreads shelves do not appear in the mapping list anymore. They are synced with goodreads but are not mappable.
I don't have the expertise to help you, but this goodreads.json file is used for metadata download and has nothing to to do with the Goodreads Sync plugin.

If you are having a problem with the goodreads sync plugin you need to ask for help in the Goodreads Sync plugin thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2011 at 07:38 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #22
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

+1 to dwanthny. Potestus you seem to be confused about what this plugin does and what the Goodreads Sync one does, and this is the second time today you have posted questions related to Goodreads Sync in this thread. I moved your other post to the correct thread here earlier today and tried to respond to what I could from it.

This Goodreads Metadata source plugin is only concerned with reading book metadata from Goodreads - stuff like genre, tags, title, author, isbn and covers etc. It does this by scraping data off the web page that you see when you drill down to a specific book.

The Goodreads Sync plugin is about synchronising with your shelves on Goodreads for your own Goodreads account. Some people use their "shelves" as genres, so it has features which are an alternative way of populating a genre/tags column if you used it that way. That is perhaps what you are confused about.

The two plugins are completely independent - the configuration files are not shared, the mappings are independent etc. Provided you followed the instructions above exactly and replaced only the "Goodreads.json" file as mentioned on this thread it will have had zero impact on your usage of the "Goodreads Sync" plugin (which has it's own "Goodreads Sync.json" file).

Now that Goodreads have got a "better" solution to displaying genres for a book (which is a recent thing only in the last month or so), my personal opinion is that getting a genre into your tags using this metadata source plugin is the preferred approach rather than creating your own genre shelves on Goodreads. However it is up to users how they want to use their Goodreads account - if they want genre in a custom column rather than tags, if they want their own genre shelves (or already have them setup) then the functionality is there with Goodreads Sync for them to use it.

So... I suggest you first get clear in your mind which plugin you are using and configuring. If you are downloading metadata using ctrl+d or the edit metadata screen, it is the Goodreads Metadata plugin in this thread. This has nothing to do with your Goodreads account or your shelves.

If you are using a "Goodreads" right-click menu action or toolbar button with acrtions on it like "Sync from shelf" etc - that is the Goodreads Sync plugin. Any issues related to that belong in the other thread.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #23
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.0.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Remove code supporting Calibre versions prior to 0.8 in preview mode
  • Strip trailing comma from series name if it exists
  • Put summary comments on line following the word SUMMARY: rather than on same line.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #24
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.0.5 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Ensure any covers less than 1000 bytes in size are ignored.
  • No longer prefix the comments with SUMMARY: in output for consistency with other plugins
Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I cannot download data for series. All other info gets downloaded ok, except for series. I even tried deleting some metadata from older books which had series info and redownload metadata but even then series space remains empty

I just saw that this plug in isn't listed under my plugins anymore. Don't know how it could happen. I didn't uninstall it for sure.

I tried to install it again, got error: no module name fetch

calibre, version 0.8.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named fetch

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 287, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 322, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 54, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.dummy1.__init__", line 15, in <module>
ImportError: No module named fetch

Last edited by Noughty; 05-25-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #26
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

As I posted on the other thread the plugin is working fine. Something has happened with your installation. You are using calibre 0.8.x right? Look in preferences plugins to see if the plugin is installed under metadata sources. If it is, then run calibre in debug mode and see what errors appear on startup. If it isn't, obviously reinstall it
Old 05-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #27
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

I edited the post, it disappeared from my plugins. I cannot reinstall it. I wrote the error log above
Old 05-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #28
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

See this thread - you need to reinstall calibre.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1545082
Old 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #29
Noughty
Addict

Thanks. Will do.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #30
Noughty
Addict

Thanks again for your work. Works like a charm
My favorite plug in (plus goodreads sync, which is also made by you)

Tags
goodreads, metadata