Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #436
Androscan
Androscan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Is it possible to have a custom resizing of the image? All the imported jpgs are shown at the same size on the generated cover.

I do not want the imported image to "Stretch image to use as cover background", I just would like to make the image a bigger size than the default.

thanks,

A
Androscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #437
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androscan View Post
Is it possible to have a custom resizing of the image? All the imported jpgs are shown at the same size on the generated cover.

I do not want the imported image to "Stretch image to use as cover background", I just would like to make the image a bigger size than the default.

thanks,

A
Did you try setting a larger default cover size in the options under the Dimensions tab? Importing the image after setting your desired size should work I think.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #438
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5.13 released

Changes in this release:
  • Support the user typing \n or or <br> or <br/> as part of the title, author or series to control split across multiple lines
  • Add a checkbox option to allow scaling up the cover image to fit the available area if it is too small.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #439
oteksamptis
oteksamptis began at the beginning.

Device: NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Support the user typing \n or or <br> or <br/> as part of the title, author or series to control split across multiple lines
This work only in "custom text" and "other options", but not in "metadata" field title and author.

Last edited by oteksamptis; 09-25-2013 at 01:55 PM.
oteksamptis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #440
Dyspeptica
Enthusiast
Dyspeptica began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
There are some things which calibre just cannot do when dealing with cover images and captions. For that you need to get outside of calibre and look at the ImageMagick suite of tools, in particular the 'convert' program and its caption tag. which has been tweaked in recent revisions to properly wrap a long title line, into a display box (rather than overhanging at each end). Best yet, this can be done with variable scripting, so doing 3750 covers is as difficult as doing one. Just push 'GO' and go for coffee!

I needed/wanted 3 sections to the cover image title, and a publisher banner. The bash code looks something like this.

echo $line1 > "${captionfile}" # Investment abd Lending activities....
echo $line2 >> "${captionfile}" # O.Reg. 122/08
echo $line3 >> "${captionfile}" # Insurance Act

#captionfile has three lines in it

label="${captionfile}"
# so $label is the name of the file: caption will deal with each line in order

# the main work is done here
# lt.png is the background image on which the titles will appear

rm -f label1.png
rm -f label2.png
rm -f output1.png
rm -f output2.jpg

# create title overlay
convert -background black -transparent black -font "Liberation-Serif" -pointsize 36 -fill "dark blue" -size 720x440 -gravity center caption:@"${label}" label1.png

# then create publish-banner overlay image
convert -background black -transparent black -font "Liberation-Serif" -pointsize 36 -fill "dark blue" -size 760x80 -gravity center caption:'MANDAMUS PUBLISHING INC.' label2.png

# compose first overlay
composite -geometry +35 label1.png lt.png -blend 99 output1.png
# add second overlay to the first -> cover image
composite -geometry +20+900 label2.png output1.png -blend 99 output2.jpg

# and output2.jpg is your cover image to be used with ebook-convert --cover output2.jog

convert can also re-size images
See the sample jpg attached, It has a long first line which is wrapped and balanced in the 'write-box' which I note is actually not quite centered!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	080122-e.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	112287  
Dyspeptica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #441
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oteksamptis View Post
This work only in "custom text" and "other options", but not in "metadata" field title and author.
It has always worked for Custom text. I added the ability to also do it in that same tab in the Metadata section for Title, Author and Series. Title and Series are working perfectly fine for me, however I will concede that Author is not which I forgot to actually do. I will fix that shortly.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #442
kiwidude

v1.5.14 released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for the user typing \n or or <br> or <br/> as part of the author to control split across multiple lines
Old 09-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #443
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi Kiwidude,

is there a way to cirkumwent the gaps between the lines caused by the usage of \n or <br>?
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #444
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Hi Kiwidude,

is there a way to cirkumwent the gaps between the lines caused by the usage of \n or <br>?
Set the Text Padding to 0 to reduce the spacing (on the Dimensions tab).
Old 10-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #445
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can I suggest a brief note be added to the Contents tab to remind users that Custom Text can include other columns via a template.

I probably knew this at one time, but I forgot and...

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-06-2013 at 07:10 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #446
redscarlett
Enthusiast
redscarlett began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
Hi!
I've been using this plugin in successfully for months, but I updated calibre today (*big* mistake) and now everytime I click on it, the following error arises:
Quote:
calibre, version 1.6.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>Exception</b>:Pixel cache allocation failed `' @ error/cache.c/OpenPixelCache/4017

calibre 1.6 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.action", line 62, in _generate_cover
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 1358, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 1650, in display_preview
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.draw", line 313, in generate_cover_for_book
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.draw", line 226, in create_cover_page
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\__init__.py", line 180, in fset
Exception: Pixel cache allocation failed `' @ error/cache.c/OpenPixelCache/4017
...and it won't work. Any ideas please?
redscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #447
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by redscarlett View Post
Hi!
I've been using this plugin in successfully for months, but I updated calibre today (*big* mistake) and now everytime I click on it, the following error arises:

...and it won't work. Any ideas please?
When did you last check for updates to this PI?

I just tried it, it (1.5.14) works fine on 1.6 (Win 64)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #448
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

I've made a dozen or so covers in the past couple of hours without any problems.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #449
redscarlett
Enthusiast
redscarlett began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

I've checked this morning, and uninstalled/reinstalled GC, and the error is still occuring
redscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #450
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
GC has user settings stored in the: <configuration folder>\plugins\Generate Cover.json

and saved images are stored in the <configuration folder>\calibre\resources\images\generate_cover folder in case there was a damaged image

You might try a (temporary) rename of the Json file (with Calibre shut down first). All you would lose is your cover template
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote