Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
copy / move books between calibre libraries

there are no built-in functions for this ?
are any on the to-do list

waht is the recommend best way for now - move or copy book(s) ( all formats + all assoc metadata ) from one calibre library to another ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
there are no built-in functions for this ?
You mean other than the right-click "Copy to library" that has been there for many versions...?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

duh - where is that hidden - have i customised it out of sight at some time in the past ?

i do not see a copy to library option when I right click a title
Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #4
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
I don't know how you have calibre customized, but the Copy to Library feature can be in both the context menu and in the calibre toolbar.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard

yep _ my fault. there's a customize toolbar option in preferences, where you can remove functions that you have no use for.

so back when I only had one library I figured this option was redundant & hid it!

problem solved.
Advert
Old 07-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #6
aacero
aacero began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook lite
Also note that the "Copy to library" icon does not appear if Calibre thinks you only have one library. In my case this was perplexing because I store my books in Dropbox and run Calibre on multiple computers. Each time I use Calibre on a new computer I need to visit the libraries I want to move books to/from before the button appears.

Is there a "meta" data file I should be syncing between computers to ensure that Calibre sees all the existing libraries without needing to visit them each time I switch to a new computer?
aacero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Create/Switch: Use existing is how Calibre learns about a particular Library. It then appears on the quick switch list. (there is a limit on how many).

The PATH to each must remain stable or it will report an error connecting (Delete just removes stale entries, not the actual files).
FWIW the list is stored in one of the configuration folder files. If you have issues, it is being stomped by a sync.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote