Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm going in, wish me luck!

Going to revert back to stock and update to 1.0.1 then 1.1. Can no longer ignore the bug fixes. I'm going to try and re-root manually with nooter0.2. I'll post my results along the way.

Backing up my apps, data, and settings one last time.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
You go girl! Keep us posted - it is brave people like you that move things along! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Good luck looking forward to update.... yours not B&N
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Good luck!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Good luck! I just tried the new "blocking" mechanism from XDA. If I knew I could update and re-root successfully I'd try that method this weekend.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Admit it Scion. You just want to spend some quality time with your NC!
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, made it back to stock and successfully re-registered. After re-imaging the system partition I was stuck in a boot loop. The directions were of no help getting me out. Since I knew I flashed back successfully I ignored the loop and proceeded to perform the factory reset (clearing of data). That worked despite not exiting the loop properly.

Time to update to 1.0.1. WiFi is turned off so I won't be interrupted.

Last edited by SCION; 01-27-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Updated to 1.0.1. Dragged file to root directory then powered off device. Powered on and poked around the menus then it rebooted on its own. On to 1.1.0 once I see what changes were made.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Updated to 1.1.0 using the method above. Let's see if my nooter0.2 image works.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #10
t3l01v
Enthusiast
t3l01v began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hey there, how's it coming? I updated to 1.1 yesterday after flashing back. Looking forward to seeing how it worked out for you. Can you post a link to a guide on using Nooter .2? I was considering using the Auto Nooter configured to root from 1.0.1 but decided that would be a bad idea, lol.
t3l01v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

I was able to root. I installed an app successfully. I'm in the process of enabling Market manually but I need to flash back to stock and reset. I may have jumped the gun by enabling superuser right away. Everything was fine until I did that. Now I keep losing root and have to enable it again off of the SD card image.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

I wasn't losing root, I kept losing my ADB connection (device not found). Couldn't restore it unless I put in the SD card image. Using ADB wireless now. No problems connecting.

All of my apps, data, and settings restored using MyBackup Pro. Root is holding. Enabled Superuser as well. Root Explorer and SQLeditor work as intended. Wasn't successful enabling Market manually. I only tried it once because the device wouldn't boot past the "n". Had to flash the ROM and reset. Then I had to update to 1.0.1 then 1.1.0. Will play around with it sometime today.

Need to install the keyboards as well. Working with the stock one for now.

Last edited by SCION; 01-28-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I hope you've got it figured out.....and I'm sure you'll let us know if the advantages of the update make it worth it........

It'll have to be pretty impressive for me to dive in.....I'm happy where I'm at.....

Will there or is there an autonooter version root.....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I wasn't losing root, I kept losing my ADB connection (device not found). Couldn't restore it unless I put in the SD card image. Using ADB wireless now. No problems connecting.

All of my apps, data, and settings restored using MyBackup Pro. Root is holding. Enabled Superuser as well. Root Explorer and SQLeditor work as intended. Wasn't successful enabling Market manually. I only tried it once because the device wouldn't boot past the "n". Had to flash the ROM and reset. Then I had to update to 1.0.1 then 1.1.0. Will play around with it sometime today.

Need to install the keyboards as well. Working with the stock one for now.
Be careful that you don't accidently launch the Space Shuttle while doing all that. "Houston, we have a problem..."

Last edited by jswinden; 01-28-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I hope you've got it figured out.....and I'm sure you'll let us know if the advantages of the update make it worth it........

It'll have to be pretty impressive for me to dive in.....I'm happy where I'm at.....

Will there or is there an autonooter version root.....
Update 1.1 doesn't seem too impressive to me. The pinch to zoom is nearly useless and extremely flaky. The only usable thing in 1.1 for me has been the lower brightness settings when using the B&N reader. Thanks to @Care for pointing out that using the Reading Tools-->Brightness menu the screen can be dimmed way lower than pre-1.1. The other two brightness menus have no effect though and work as they did pre-1.1.