Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Android 3.0 video leaked

This looks like it would be a nice udate to the NC. Looks pretty sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-80Q...ayer_embedded#!
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Yeah......that is cool.....
hopefully our friends at nookdevs are working on it.....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor CM7 7.0.3
It does look cool but do we know if the Nook Color has enough horsepower to run it? Wouldn't you hate to get it, and the NC runs like a dog.
Quistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quistopher View Post
It does look cool but do we know if the Nook Color has enough horsepower to run it? Wouldn't you hate to get it, and the NC runs like a dog.
Hey, my dog runs faster than I can & her legs are only 3 inches long. Of course she has four of them.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
They need to fix problems in the existing version before worrying about what's next.
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
First they need to release Gingerbread to a wide audience (HTC EVO *hint hint*) before we can even think about Honeycomb.
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

I know that a lot of the people in this forum think of the NC as an economical Android tablet. But the lack of ports really hampers the NC as a tablet. What good is a tablet that cannot be connected to other devices like cameras, camcorders, etc? Not much in my opinion, other than as a reader and video/game machine. I would love to have a video/sound port to connect my cameras so I could use the NC for liveview photography/videography.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
The lack of ports hampers it for YOU, not all of us. One of my hobbies is digital photography and I can say that no tablet would be good enough to display my photos on without loss of detail. I guess what works for you doesn't necessarily work for me or some others, and vice versa.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
The lack of ports hampers it for YOU, not all of us. One of my hobbies is digital photography and I can say that no tablet would be good enough to display my photos on without loss of detail. I guess what works for you doesn't necessarily work for me or some others, and vice versa.
Obviously YOU don't even know what liveview means. It has nothng to do with viewing photos but with viewing what you are about to photograph. It would be very nice to have a way to display what is normally displayed on a camera's small LCD on a tablet like the NC, especially while using manual focus.

Save your attitude for someone else.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Excuse me but I use a 5D Mark II so I know exactly what liveview is. You made a blanket statement and addressed it towards people who see the NookColor as an economical tablet. Just because it doesn't work for a feature you want doesn't lower it's usefulness to others. There was no attitude in my post as all I was doing was pointing that out. My apologies if it came across that way.

Last edited by Grimm; 01-11-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #11
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Jack, you ever try using a small video monitor for that application? I've been using one since about 2004; it works pretty well as long as you use a hood to keep the glare off of it.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I know that a lot of the people in this forum think of the NC as an economical Android tablet. But the lack of ports really hampers the NC as a tablet. What good is a tablet that cannot be connected to other devices like cameras, camcorders, etc? Not much in my opinion, other than as a reader and video/game machine. I would love to have a video/sound port to connect my cameras so I could use the NC for liveview photography/videography.
Why would I need to connect my NC to a camera? camcorder? larger monitor? HDTV? etc?

It surfs the web and plays videos; just like my netbook does. Result, my NC has already replaced my netbook as my field PC when I travel. My netbook is now my living room PC and internet video streamer.

IOW, we buy what we need; not what someone else thinks we need.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
s52m3
Enthusiast
s52m3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
The nook is not a full tablet replacement, but it's also not @ full tablet price! It is what it is. Don't know if there is any chance we'll ever see 3.0, we can't even get 2.2 yet
s52m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
merlin5353
Trying to sort it out...
merlin5353 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nook classic, Eee PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It surfs the web and plays videos; just like my netbook does. Result, my NC has already replaced my netbook as my field PC when I travel. My netbook is now my living room PC and internet video streamer.
I need to be able to tether my NC before it replaces my netbook. The WiFi is OK, but it doesn't replace cellular internet capability for me. Still not rooted; waiting to see about tethering.
merlin5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #15
Elric
Elric began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I know that a lot of the people in this forum think of the NC as an economical Android tablet. But the lack of ports really hampers the NC as a tablet. What good is a tablet that cannot be connected to other devices like cameras, camcorders, etc?
Huh? LOLWAT? Why would anyone consider this a general limitation of the nook as a tablet, I personally don't even need this for my pricey laptop much less a simple tablet device... Sounds like you have a personal specific need that you have somehow generalized as a universal requirement in your mind.
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote