Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Time Zones

Is there a way to select my time zone so that it shows the correct time for me?
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Yep, at the top of every page, at the left end of the blue bar is "User CP" - user control panel. Click that, and part way down the left column, you'll find "User Options". Click that and part way down the center column you will find "Date/Time Options". Not only can you chose your timezone, but even your calendar format and first day of the week...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
1. Go to "User CP "

2. Choose "Edit Options" on the left hand side, under "Settings & Options".

3. Scroll down until you see "Date & Time Options "

The first box says "Time Zones" you can then look through the drop down options and choose the correct one for your area.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
Tinks
Zealot

Thank you so much to both of you!!! I don't know how I missed this under the User Control Panel. I was set on Western Europe time, and I'm in the central time zone. No one wonder the time was so off, lol.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
You're welcome! Happy New Year!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
Tinks
Zealot

Happy New Year to you too!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Speaking of time zones, wouldn't it be really cool if somewhere on the post it would show not only the local time for the reader but also the time it was for the poster? I spend a lot of time (no pun intended!) trying to figure out time of day, or even which day, it is for some of the members here. Or maybe it could be optional for the poster?
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I just rough it out for the people who show a location. Europeans are about 6 hours ahead of me and you, Aussies and Kiwis about 12 hours and two seasons ahead. Pshrynk is an hour behind, DGma is two behind, and everybody on the west coast of NA is three behind. Anybody in Atlantic Canada is one hour ahead, and Newfoundland is an hour and a half ahead. 'Good enough for gumint work', as they say.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Speaking of time zones, wouldn't it be really cool if somewhere on the post it would show not only the local time for the reader but also the time it was for the poster? I spend a lot of time (no pun intended!) trying to figure out time of day, or even which day, it is for some of the members here. Or maybe it could be optional for the poster?
I usually have a general idea, but when I want to be sure I use the World Clock. I have it on my toolbar so it is quick and easy to click and check.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I usually have a general idea, but when I want to be sure I use the World Clock. I have it on my toolbar so it is quick and easy to click and check.
Good idea! I just put it on mine, too.

Yeah, I kind of have a general idea, too, but sometimes I'm lazy. Or sleepy.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote