Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Post Turing Evolved - Science Fiction - Full Novel

Hi All,

I'm a recently self-published independent author and speculative fiction writer.

I've made my story available via Smashwords as a free download based on the ideas I got when I used to download Shareware back when the Internet and BBSs were young. So there's no DRM.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34627

It's set in the near future on earth, as AIs reach the point that it's difficult to distinguish their minds from Human. Living in a time when people can live their lives online, never really leaving the virtual worlds they create for themselves which, for the wealthy at least, are every bit as real to them as ours.

On the cusp of a new war between superpowers, Jonathan Carlson, an ex DEMON pilot meets an android who changes his opinions about AIs and sets in motion the events that will ultimately determine Jonathan's fate.

Based on hard science and plausible technology, it's a world not too far removed from ours.

It's Military Science Fiction by Genre, but the story is very wide in terms of content and will appeal to most Science Fiction and Fastasy readers.

And did I mention it's free to download?

Please take a read of the first chapter and if you like it, I promise you a twist you probably weren't expecting before you get to the end.

Genuine feedback and reviews appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
David Kitson.

Last edited by DavidKitson; 12-30-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Oops, typo -
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
naltak
naltak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Re: Turing Evolved - Science Fiction - Full Novel

Hi David, I read the first few pages and it reeled me in. Got the book. I will read it at some point soon. Thanks.
naltak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Looks good! Downloaded and added to my TBR mountain.

Thanks David!
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Downloaded and added to my Kindle. Thanks!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Downloaded - not sure when I'll get to it, but it's on the list.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Downloaded it. Adding it to my queue, and will definitely post feedback once I get a chance to read it.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaLibro View Post
Downloaded it. Adding it to my queue, and will definitely post feedback once I get a chance to read it.
Thankyou ChupaLibro - I really appreciate that -

Take your time of course - I have no idea how deep your reading list goes, but I am very thankfull for the offer and look forward to hearing back from you when my story comes around to the top of your list -

And a happy new year to yourself and everyone else too !

Regards,
David.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
Thankyou ChupaLibro - I really appreciate that -

Take your time of course - I have no idea how deep your reading list goes, but I am very thankfull for the offer and look forward to hearing back from you when my story comes around to the top of your list -

And a happy new year to yourself and everyone else too !

Regards,
David.
Hey, we indie authors have to stick together.

My reading list fluctuates, but it always has several books on there. I do not read them in the order I get them; I can skip around depending on a number of factors. But it'll happen eventually. Lol

And I hope you have a Happy New Year as well.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Hi ChupaLibro,

Thanks again. I just noticed the signature links to the blog and had a look ( and realized I needed to add one to mine ) - Some nice stories there too by the look of it. Can I return the favor and offer a review of some of your works?

Thanks
David.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Thanks for the kind words. I'll send you a PM to discuss further.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
Lazaras
Enthusiast
Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
I'll give a pass at it.

Glad to see other people taking a similar approach to me in offering for free. It's on my to read list (and I'll probably put said review in blog when I get to it. Might take awhile though sine I've got a few other books to slam through first.)
Lazaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Downloaded it and I've started reading it. Got a few things I need to read first, but I'm looking forward to going through it, from what I've read so far.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #13
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Update: Turing Evolved has entered the Smashwords Premium catalog.

OK, not a huge milestone, but I can't say how many battles I've fought against the Meatgrinder. Getting past the criteria has contributes little except a mangled TOC unfortunately. My apologies to the readers.

Still, the story reads fine - So please remember to leave feedback when you've read it.

If anyone has a suggestion as to how to get past the TOC issues with Meatgrinder ( when the chapters are NAMED chapter ) please let me know.

Thankyou to all, Every reader is appreciated. Every review is doubly welcome

David.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #14
Lazaras
Enthusiast
Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
About... oh I dunno halfway through I think. Finally picked this one up (sorry it took so long!) A few rough patches along the way, but overall not only a good story so far but a good introduction to a world I want to see MORE of.

I have an idea on how things might go, but then again that might just be because I"m seeing Chekhov's Guns everywhere pointing at a twist Philip K. Dick would use.
Lazaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #15
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Thankyou for the feedback Lazarus -

OK, there are now 4 independent reviews of Turing Evolved up. Three of them are on Barnes and Noble and I'm quite happy that I'm averaging a 4-digit sales rank with a peak-performance around the mid-point. And a 4.5 star rating which I'm deeply appreciative of.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Tur...omerReviewsTab

and

http://cheapietheatre.blogspot.com/2...g-evolved.html

- Would that last one be your Blog Lazarus? It uses similar wording so I'm guessing it might be -

Thankyou to all the readers who have left a review - I can't express how much it means to get feedback.

It's deeply appreciated -

David.

Tags
androids, artificial intelligence, asimov style, love story, science fiction, twist