Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #1
Rabbitt
Rabbitt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Vanishing disappearing books

Hi everyone - newbie here. I have a Sony eReader and was changed over to the Kobo system a while ago. No problem there, but in the last few months, I have had books randomly just disappear. Different books each time, and I cant be sure but I think only 35 books remained each time part of my collection disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone tell me why this happens?
Rabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:10 AM   #2
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Probably the kobo library removed the books you "loaded" with the old software, whenever you connect it to internet, because these are no longer valid (licence expired expired).
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #3
Rabbitt
Rabbitt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Nope. Some of the books that disappeared were recent purchases from the Kobo store.
Rabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I've never to my knowledge had a purchased book disappear. However, I have not bought from the Kobo store. There are a plenty of people on mobileread who have bought Kobo books for Sony readers, so hopefully some of them will come along to report their experience.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #5
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I shop at Kobo for my Sonys. I've never paid attention to what's in my Kobo library or not, I download everything to my laptop and put it in Calibre and then backup from there. So, if Kobo ever pulled a book, I'd still have my copy.

I don't turn the WiFi on on any of my Sonys, never have. I sideload all of my books from Calibre with the DRM stripped from them.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote