Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #2821
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Librarian of Trivia - Emeritus
As Jim Butcher would be the one person to know when his book will be released, it seems more than reasonable to post info from his official Website or Facebook & Twitter accounts.

No secret codes, arguments, or decrees needed at that point.

I hope this means we can go back to being a fun, friendly, happy thread now.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #2822
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ...thank-you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
As Jim Butcher would be the one person to know when his book will be released, it seems more than reasonable to post info from his official Website or Facebook & Twitter accounts.

No secret codes, arguments, or decrees needed at that point.

I hope this means we can go back to being a fun, friendly, happy thread now.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #2823
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
*Sigh*

As Supreme, Lady, Madame President of this thread, I say ENOUGH!!

Any and all discussion or references, past or present, about the release date of Skin Games is now suspended until I say otherwise.
Very well then, Our Fearless Leader.

(And I apologize for stealing your hellhounds for an unauthorized disciplinary action. I would like to point out in self-defense, they agreed with me, so it was an honest mistake.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #2824
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

...............Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim4.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	115303
“If I need you I'll give you a signal.'
What signal?"
I'll imitate the scream of a terrified
little girl”
― Jim Butcher

Old 11-17-2013, 03:42 AM   #2825
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
But the arguments are so sublimely exhausting.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #2826
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ...another Jim Butcher tweet

Quote:

Last edited by alansplace; 11-17-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #2827
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
now the wait begins...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #2828
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
And I'm sure it will be a most gratifying wait as well.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #2829
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

...............Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim5.PNG
Views:	189
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	115339
Twin trails of saliva drooled from
the corners of its mouth, leaving
black streaks to down past its
chin. There wasn’t a hair to be
seen on its head.

“Wizard,” it said, and its voice
was the same as had come
through the glossy stone. “Your
life need not end this day.
Surrender and I will spare your
companions.”

I could hear Mac reloading behind
me. Thomas had his gun in his
hand, behind his back, and was
prowling silently around the room
to force Sharkface to turn to keep
an eye on him.

Except it didn’t have eyes.
Whatever this thing was using to
keep track of us, I had a feeling
that just standing in an
inconvenient spot wasn’t going to
net us much of an advantage.

“Surrender,” I said, as though
trying to place where I’d heard
the word before. “Yeah, um. I’m
not so sure I want any
surrenders today. There was a
sale on surrenders last week, and
I missed it, but I don’t want to
rush out and buy another one at
the regular price right away. I’m
afraid the sale might come back a
week later, and then, I mean,
come on. How stupid would I feel
then?”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days

Librarian of Trivia, Emeritus
Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #2830
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I have to say that on occasion Butcher comes across as a bit cheeky!

(,,, or is that just me?)

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #2831
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I had such a hard time picturing Sharkface without cracking up:
Quote:
it appeared like a giant rag ball similar to what is used in a carwash
Kind of hard to take it seriously during that first encounter after reading that.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #2832
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
now the wait begins...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.
I can't wait...it's killing me.

Even though the countdown was (way) off, I was still hoping to have it by Christmas.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #2833
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I can't wait...it's killing me.

Even though the countdown was (way) off, I was still hoping to have it by Christmas.
I would love to have it before Christmas, but unfortunately logic dictates that it will probably be February... At least it gives me additional time for reread...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #2834
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'll just be happy when it shows up.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #2835
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Harry's Lab

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy