Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #196
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuongxuanhieu View Post
Hi everybody. Very happy to do it my self. I do step by step one again and anything well. Now I can read epub file on my Kindle paperwhite. Thanks CrazyCoder.
P/S : I can't change down/up selection on setting... Example : Text font, interline spacing (%), Min space width (%), paper margin ... because not virtual keyboard appear. Hope CrazyCoder release a new update soon. How can I change it thought keymap.ini? Text size very small and difficult to read.
Swipe up/down. Did you read help.png?
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #197
phuongxuanhieu
phuongxuanhieu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
Swipe up/down. Did you read help.png?
I don't know about this before. I had try but it not sensivitive. Thanks you very much.
phuongxuanhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #198
phuongxuanhieu

Quote:
Added Paperwhite brightness control, can set it to true zero (disables completely at level 0)
Can you help me to force PW turn off completely look like Cool Reader?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #199
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What do you mean? Just set brightness level to 0 in Cool Reader.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #200
phuongxuanhieu

Quote:
What do you mean? Just set brightness level to 0 in Cool Reader.
In CoolReader I set bright level to 0, screen turn off completly. but when I return to read file .prc . When I am in the public with brightly sun, for example park, school... I see the brightness level on 1 level and I press to down 0 level my kindle will dim, not complete off.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #201
CrazyCoder
Zealot

This will work only with Cool Reader as when you turn Kinde on/off it will restore the "1" level. When Cool Reader is running, it will force the "0" level after you turn Kindle on.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #202
atreides7887
atreides7887 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Stupid Question

Quote:
Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collection Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download and unpack cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip on Kindle. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files).
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.
Hello,

I'm sure this is a stupid question but could I get a bit more detail on the installation process for the Kindle Paperwhite?

With respect to step 2:
1. What do I copy over the the kindle (i.e. the entire unzipped folder or the 4 subfolders within (cr3, launchpad, qtKindle and usrapp)
2. Where do I copy it to? (i.e. is it going in developer or in the root area?)

Step 4 should be pretty simple once I understand this bit. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
atreides7887
atreides7887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #203
CrazyCoder
Zealot

1. subdirectories (cr3, qtKindle, etc).
2. to the flash root
Old 12-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #204
atreides7887

Rapid Response

Thanks for the rapid response. I'll test this out this afternoon and hopefully all will go well.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #205
anaklusmos
anaklusmos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i installed this on my paperwhite and didn't have any glitches but when i try to run it from shelf, the screen just goes dark and then it returns me to the shelf...
i'm assuming this is a crash, but not sure why it's happening

ideas?
anaklusmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #206
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
1. subdirectories (cr3, qtKindle, etc).
2. to the flash root
That will fix the noobies who read that later - since there is a directory named etc on the internal file system.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #207
atreides7887

It Works

Hello,

Thanks for the information above. Its now working fine.

Regards,
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #208
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaklusmos View Post
i installed this on my paperwhite and didn't have any glitches but when i try to run it from shelf, the screen just goes dark and then it returns me to the shelf...
i'm assuming this is a crash, but not sure why it's happening

ideas?
Try to repeat the installation steps, probably you forgot to copy something (delete everything you've copied and do it again).
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #209
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
Why I can not open DOC ?

I instaled last version of Coolreader 04.10.2012, but I can not open DOC format
Other formats(RTF, MOBI, EPUB, FB etc) I can open without problems
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #210
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Try the latest test version, doc should be supported there.