Old 09-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
ludovicovan
ludovicovan began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
cannot correctly convert document to epub

hi all,

i'm trying to convert this document to epub to be able to read on my nook st:
http://berb.github.com/diploma-thesi...ity/index.html

(the source code is available from github here: https://github.com/berb/diploma-thesis)

when i try sigil (latest linux version), the epub is correctly created, and i can read it from my pc with fbreader. However, when i open it with my nook i can only see the first page for a second and then the reading application just quits.

i also tried calibre from the pdf version and pandoc without good results (especially wrt the included images). On github there's also an epub version created with pandoc, but it seems to miss the images.

is there a better way to convert these types of documents? Are you able to obtain good results in any way?

thanks in advance
ludovicovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I don't have a nook, but this sort of thing on my old Sony means it is all one big file. You might try making each chapter in a different section so none of them is over 250k or so. Did you verify it as a valid epub in Sigil?
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I don't have a nook, but this sort of thing on my old Sony means it is all one big file. You might try making each chapter in a different section so none of them is over 250k or so. Did you verify it as a valid epub in Sigil?

IIRC the nook is also fussy about errors
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovicovan View Post
when i try sigil (latest linux version), the epub is correctly created, and i can read it from my pc with fbreader. However, when i open it with my nook i can only see the first page for a second and then the reading application just quits.
maybe it's the picture format ? I do not know if readers suppert *.svg ... (i guess not ...)
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #5
ludovicovan
ludovicovan began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

IIRC the nook is also fussy about errors
thanks for your answers.

do you know if i can get any benefit by rooting this device? I mean, in that case can i use better epub readers?

Also, is there a way to directly read html files? Do i need rooting to use a browser?

if i use a browser (maybe after rooting), will it require scrolling?

thank you
ludovicovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, html, images