Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Heinlein Bundle

Baen will have* a bundle of six Heinlein books for $30 (i.e. $5 each). This is a 16% discount on the price as separate books. These are multi-format DRM-free ebooks.

In the bundle are:

Four fiction:
Citizen of the Galaxy
Have Space Suit — Will Travel
Methuselah's Children
Revolt in 2100

Two non-fiction:
Tramp Royale
Grumbles from the Grave

They'll be available separately for $6 eventually, but at the moment they're only available in the bundle.

(They also have some other Heinlein books available, but these aren't on special offer, just at their usual prices:

Between Planets $5
Expanded Universe $6
Farmer in the Sky $5
Farnham's Freehold $5
Take Back Your Government $5 (non-fiction)
The Green Hills of Earth & The Menace from Earth $6
The Notebooks of Lazarus Long $5
The Puppet Masters $6
The Rolling Stones $6 )

*Whoops — I've jumped the gun a little. It's listed but not quite available for purchase yet. It shouldn't be very long though.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
thanks for the heads up mate!
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
It's now available. Just purchased and downloaded...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Me buy. I never figured Tramp Royale would ever make the e-book market...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
What's particularly interesting is that they are e-book only (mostly) with no BAen P-book promotion....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Grumbles from the Grave was a great, behind-the-scenes, look at Heinlein's thoughts about his writing. I really enjoyed that. Thanks for letting us know about it.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My first Heinlein book, > 20 years ago -- got me interested in his writing... I should re-read that some day.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
It's now available. Just purchased and downloaded...
Me too. Even though this make is unlikely that my TBR pile will be under 400 at the end of the year. (And to think that in January I was aiming for under 200!)
Old 12-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Sadly, as there are no print editions, the covers are rather dull. Here are six covers (low res: 800 pixels high, <64K JPEG) culled from the internet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Heinlein Bundle Covers.zip (362.5 KB, 140 views)
Old 12-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

I just downloaded all the newly added Heinlein titles so they are live and there to grab. it was nice to get some of the titles that had been absent.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Yay! My favourite Heinlein ever, Citizen of the Galaxy, now not only in e-book, but also DRM-free and MultiFormat and sale-priced at Baen's marvelously reasonable terms.

Plus Tramp Royale, for which I still haven't been able to locate wherever I put my paper copy, and is a really fun read, even if he does get kind of off-topic ranty at times.

This calls for the dance of joy.

<-- okay, this is more like Dance Dance Restriction, but close enough.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
atidball
Enthusiast
atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Anyone else notice that Baen is NOT listed as the publisher for 4 out of the 6 books? One is from Gallery (aka Simon&Schuster), one from Ace Trade (aka Penguin Group), and two from Del Rey (aka Random House). All publishers that aren't usually DRM-free. Very cool indeed.
atidball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Yay! My favourite Heinlein ever, Citizen of the Galaxy, now not only in e-book, but also DRM-free and MultiFormat and sale-priced at Baen's marvelously reasonable terms.
My favourite Heinlein is "Space Cadet". Still, alas, not available as a legal e-Book.

EDIT: Or possibly it's "Starman Jones". I can never make up my mind which I prefer. That too is unfortunately not currently available as an e-book.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-05-2010 at 03:39 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
AHMavrick
Enthusiast
AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
One of my favorite authors. I always have some of his books onhand. I've read just about everything he wrote. I am looking forward to puting them on digital files instead of carrying the books with us.
AHMavrick is offline   Reply With Quote