Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #61
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Good grief, England won a penalty shoot-out.

Maybe a France v England final.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #62
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
If Harry Kane were not white, we would be screaming about his ridiculous flapping and flopping. He was as bad as Neymar.

Also, I am a Liverpool fan, and I was absolutely ashamed of Jordan Henderson - both his reaction to being bumped in the chin as well as butting his head back into a dude.

Gerrard was the same way - go to play for England and turn into a brat like the rest of the team.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #63
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
If Harry Kane were not white, we would be screaming about his ridiculous flapping and flopping. He was as bad as Neymar.

Also, I am a Liverpool fan, and I was absolutely ashamed of Jordan Henderson - both his reaction to being bumped in the chin as well as butting his head back into a dude.

Gerrard was the same way - go to play for England and turn into a brat like the rest of the team.
I really don't think it's a racist thing. It's a "he's playing for England" thing. Personally, I think that anybody who screams and rolls as much as many of the players at the World Cup should have to leave the pitch to be treated by a doctor.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #64
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It's comming?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #65
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post

I only saw the second half of the England-Croatia match, but there was about three diving and rolling incidents by Croatia and none by England. I'm not sure why you bring race into it.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #66
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I only saw the second half of the England-Croatia match, but there was about three diving and rolling incidents by Croatia and none by England. I'm not sure why you bring race into it.
England were relatively well-behaved in the Croatia match. Lovren probably should have been on a card for a good part of the game for a challenge on Kane. I had just found Kane's behavior before that to be egregious. He clearly was not himself, and I saw that Neville thinks he picked up a knock a few games ago. Having said that, The Guardian noted that Pickford got away with "poleaxing" Mario Mandžukić.

I wasn't trying to be inflammatory about race. It was just really striking in the US punditry that when a South American team went flopping about, they were given loads of stick for it. When European teams did, they were just "playing by the rest of the world's rules."
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote