Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
bhyde
bhyde is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
KOReader,Calibre connect,choose inbox?

I'm delighted to see that KOReader has Calibre connect bundled in. But, when it connects it prompts me to "Choose inbox".

I'd rather not quess what my best next move is. Suggestions? Maybe a bit of the big picture too, please.

Last edited by bhyde; 07-08-2017 at 12:06 PM.
bhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
bhyde

This reply appears to address my question:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2147

Quote:
You add folders using your PC ... For use with calibre and koreader, I would make it a folder inside a hidden folder. (Perhaps; .koreader/inbox, then long press on "inbox", in File Manager, and set it as your inbox folder, when asked.)
That, I presume, predates the changes to the file layout - i.e. .koreader/ is now .adds/koreader. I suspect that .adds/inbox is probably a good choice?

Last edited by bhyde; 07-08-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
bhyde

Well that didn't work out.

.adds/inbox-for-cc or .adds/koreader/inbox-for-cc ... i couldn't find those when I went to add an inbox.

So I ended up trying the the classic /tmp dir. But I think the connect didn't like how I have my calibre library renamed ... well at least I didn't see any content.

Last edited by bhyde; 07-10-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Do you have the "Show hidden files" option checked, in KOReader? Why the "-"s, ccinbox should be good enough. You could just put it in mnt/onboard, if you aren't using an external uSD (mnt/sd).

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-08-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
bhyde

I wasn't aware of a "Show hidden files" option, but now that I've found it, yes it is now checked.

But, since I already choose /tmp. The UI doesn't let me change it, I don't think. But I found it in settings.reader.lua and removed the line. At that point i could set it.

It does claim to connect to one of the calbre instances on my LAN. But that instance doesn't seem to know that. So, no doubt, there is some other clue I need. Like "Don't use a paasword" or be sure you have a CalibreLibrary, not a "MyBookStash".

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:17 PM   #6
JayKeith
JayKeith began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Show hidden files

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyde View Post
I wasn't aware of a "Show hidden files" option, but now that I've found it...
Where did you find it, please?
JayKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:19 AM   #7
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
You need to exit to File Manager, then Top menu - First tab - somewhere there
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote