Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2022, 11:11 PM   #1
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Talking Can't Connect

i get Failed to connect to Listener at: \\.\pipe\CalibreGUI-shortx with error: QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name

b'launched:["calibre.exe"]'

i dunno why i updated it and restarted my PC and nada it's been like this for like a month or so, why wait so long? it's the 1st time in a month i went back to it cause i just plain forgot about it until tonight thank you
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try rebooting in safe mode and see if it works.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2022, 12:59 AM   #3
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

where's safe mode?
Old 01-06-2022, 05:12 AM   #4
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Instructions from Microsoft on starting a PC in save mode
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-b3e5e56fe234
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:57 PM   #5
wildhoney66
Zealot

oh i thought you meant safe mode on my tablet not my PC
Advert
Old 01-08-2022, 08:57 PM   #6
Nursken
Nursken began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note3
I also can't connect. Windows 11 using Calibre 64 bit version 5.34 and the Boox device is a eink reader with Koreader. Both on the same wifi network. The problem solving process is really poor in the help pages. I started the Koreader plugin and the share green lights in the connect/share Calibre ribbon. The device doesn't show up on the Calibre ribbon and I've turned off the Windows 11 firewall. Koreader plug in says "connected." When I select a book to send to the device, obviously Calibre has no clue. Seems more trouble than it is worth, but I'll try here. Just doesn't work as advertised.
Nursken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:47 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursken View Post
I also can't connect. Windows 11 using Calibre 64 bit version 5.34 and the Boox device is a eink reader with Koreader. Both on the same wifi network. The problem solving process is really poor in the help pages. I started the Koreader plugin and the share green lights in the connect/share Calibre ribbon. The device doesn't show up on the Calibre ribbon and I've turned off the Windows 11 firewall. Koreader plug in says "connected." When I select a book to send to the device, obviously Calibre has no clue. Seems more trouble than it is worth, but I'll try here. Just doesn't work as advertised.
This is not the error reported in this thread. That error is with calibre starting and getting its internal communications working. Your error is one of the networking, the driver used or in KOReader. I don't know enough about how this works. Running calibre in debug mode can show what is happening, but, you will probably need to talk to the KOreader developers for debugging from that side as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:33 PM   #8
Nursken
Nursken began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is not the error reported in this thread. That error is with calibre starting and getting its internal communications working. Your error is one of the networking, the driver used or in KOReader. I don't know enough about how this works. Running calibre in debug mode can show what is happening, but, you will probably need to talk to the KOreader developers for debugging from that side as well.
OK, thanks.
Nursken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:49 AM   #9
wildhoney66
Zealot

i don't know anything either so that's why i posted the code on here so for those who know their shit can maybe figure it out either way i hope you get yours working
Old 03-06-2022, 07:20 AM   #10
wildhoney66
Zealot

i still can't connect but i wonder if it's just my cord? i still have my old kindle and that one plugs in just fine cause i was charging it as it was 100% dead and it connected just fine