Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 10:50 PM   #31
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do we think the overall device is smaller or that they perhaps made the screen larger as a result of the bezels shrinking?
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:32 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Do we think the overall device is smaller or that they perhaps made the screen larger as a result of the bezels shrinking?
I believe it is a 6" screen. In this thread or the one in the Nook forum, an early poster mentioned seeing a specsheet for B&N employees saying it was.

Don't read too much into the Libra 2 and Paperwhite 5 coming out so closely together. That doesn't mean the market for a 6" screen is dead.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 11-30-2021 at 11:34 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2021, 11:43 PM   #33
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All good -- was mainly curious
Old 11-30-2021, 11:47 PM   #34
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I believe it is a 6" screen. In this thread or the one in the Nook forum, an early poster mentioned seeing a specsheet for B&N employees saying it was.
I think a couple posters have seen the spec sheet and both are saying 6". Personally I'm happy about that, but I'm sorry for those who wanted something bigger.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:57 PM   #35
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think a couple posters have seen the spec sheet and both are saying 6". Personally I'm happy about that, but I'm sorry for those who wanted something bigger.
Hopefully there will eventually be a larger new version at some point.

I'll continue enjoying (loving!) my Voyages for now.

I just don't need/want anything new in exactly the same size class
Advert
Old 12-01-2021, 12:55 AM   #36
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Hopefully there will eventually be a larger new version at some point.

I'll continue enjoying (loving!) my Voyages for now.

I just don't need/want anything new in exactly the same size class
I understand. In my opinion there should be two sizes, 6" and 6.8" (instead of 7.8"). Those would be my personal preferences. (PocketBook also jumps from 6" to 7.8".)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote