Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #31
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I had a Fintie case and it didn't last long.never again. Poor quality.
Hmm, exactly the opposite of my experience. I've used Fintie easel cases for years now and the oldest one is slightly frayed along the edges but still great. Wouldn't have anything else unless Fintie doesn't make one for whatever reader it is.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:44 PM   #32
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Hmm, exactly the opposite of my experience. I've used Fintie easel cases for years now and the oldest one is slightly frayed along the edges but still great. Wouldn't have anything else unless Fintie doesn't make one for whatever reader it is.
I have had two or three of the Fintie Slim Shells break (usually crack around the corners, but on the last one, the magnet broke out). I don't like them. But I do like the "portfolio" Fintie Cases, where your reader slides into a "leather-like" case. If I can find them that's what my readers have. (I finally found a substitute for the GlowLight Plus (6") — one made by ACDream, built almost exactly like a Fintie portfolio case.) I think these protect the readers better — but I mostly like them because they're more comfortable to hold (for me).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:49 PM   #33
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
That's not nice. "Here, have the Reader that I don't like."
Hmm, must not have had any older brothers and had to wear their hand-me-downs.

"New clothes? What's that?"
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #34
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
There is one definite drawback to leaving Amazon. Fintie does not make their excellent easel stand case for any other ereaders.
They make them for the Kobo Nia, Clara, Libra H2O and Libra 2. I don't see any for the Forma.

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Stand-...9277146&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Premiu...9277405&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Stand-...9277545&sr=8-3

(Looks like the only one left in stock is Rose Gold for the Kobo Libra H2O.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:58 PM   #35
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
This is the Fintie case I use. My oldest of 4 cases is 4-5 years old. Yes, it is starting to wear and flake a little along the edges but overall quite good. It doesn't set crookedly like origami and other cases do. That is a BIG thing to me, being unlevel when reading. I will be sticking with them until something changes to convince me otherwise.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fintie-Kind...24&sr=8-6&th=1
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:19 AM   #36
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
That link was very helpful!
The only two problems I've had using Kindle 1.17 are:
  1. You have to immediately disable downloading new versions without asking. I tried signing in and then disabling and it downloaded the new version while I was signing in!
  2. Every single time I fire up Kindle for PC it has started asking me to replace it with the new version. Like they are just waiting for the time I accidentally click 'Go ahead' instead of 'Not this time, Satan!'
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:25 AM   #37
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I had a Fintie case and it didn't last long.never again. Poor quality.
I've had mixed experience.

I bought the official leather cover for the 6" Aura. That was kinda junky and fell apart on me after six months or so.

I replaced it with a Fintie Slimshell and that case lasted until I passed my Aura on to someone else*.

The Fintie Slimshell on my Lenovo purchased in 2016 is still going strong, as is the one for my 6" Glowlight Plus (purchased in 2018).

On the other hand, the one I bought for my Samsung Tab S900 purchased in 2020 does have a problem with the magnet on the side coming out.

*Turns out that was a kwmobile case

Last edited by ZodWallop; 12-12-2021 at 01:36 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote