Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
Derek87
Connoisseur
Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW3
Usable space: PW vs Oasis 1 vs ???

hi all,
just a random observation. i looked at my PW3 which has roughly 200 books on it, and it reports that i have 2.7gb of free space.

my recently purchased Oasis, even after updating (not partial update file sitting on the directory structure), and having only 5 books on it, reports having 2.4gb of space available.

is the OS/Firmware on the Oasis that different than the PW? (PW3 in my case)

thanks for any thoughts/experiences. it doesn't impact me because i don't forsee running out of space for a long time and am happy to offload things into the cloud, but i found this discrepancy peculiar. i could have sworn that my PW3 came with over 3gb of usable space before i put books on it.
Derek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The 2016 Oasis has the VoiceView files on it, the Paperwhite has not (to my knowledge at least). Therefore the difference in free space.

If I'm wrong, let someone correct me. I don't have a Paperwhite, so cannot check this.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
Derek87
Connoisseur
Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW3
thanks. that makes sense!

can one delete them without any ill consequences?
Derek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek87 View Post
thanks. that makes sense!

can one delete them without any ill consequences?
I guess so, if you're sure you'll never use them.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote