Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-12-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Question Another month and no eDGe forum activity

Is anyone out there still interested in the surviving EEs and PEs?
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:52 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm still using mine daily, but I don't plan to update them -- just use them until they fall apart. I think the EE is my all time favorite gadget.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
I visit nearly every day, though I no longer use the EE.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
Gerrye
Zealot

I still have 3 of the 4 eDGes in working order... still using one of the PEs (one is a working spare) and the EE... I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2 inch tablet coming soon. I don't know that it will really affect my reading, but we will see... I still would like to see someone come up with a good EE replacement that would keep up with the technological times...
Old 03-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2 inch tablet coming soon. I don't know that it will really affect my reading, but we will see... I still would like to see someone come up with a good EE replacement that would keep up with the technological times...
I keep looking at the 12.2 Note Pro on Woot; ends today. I have resisted thus far. I need to either sell the two EE's or gift them like I did the PE's.
Advert
Old 04-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I am now using Onyx Boox M96. I am liking it as much as I did EE.
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #7
Gerrye
Zealot

I looked at the Onyx Boox when it first appeared and it seemed to be missing something... My EE and PEs are still happily readable so I will stay with them as long as they do... I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2 which with Coolreader is a great reading combo...

Good luck with the Onyx
Old 04-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #8
Zoe Olle
Zoe Olle began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs t1
on to iPad mini now

My EE is still okay the last time I used it. But I had not checked recently. I have spare stylus nibs and a spare battery. The screens are as good as new because I always used them with protector on. The case always sported a cover.

I am monitoring eBay if there is still a demand for EEs (especially here in UK) as I am looking at selling my EE. But so far, postings had expired with no takers.

Had thought of gifting my preschooler nephew with it but he's on Samsung tab and iPad, so I think the EE will hold no appeal. My EE might end up with a cousin who's a programmer but so far he had not shown any enthusiasm when I mentioned it to him.

I'm using an iPad mini now, which I bought when I had to go abroad to do fieldwork for research. I always have fond memories about the EE and am quite nostalgic when I see it. But I could not see myself going back to it after using the iPad. Not really a rabid fan of Apple but my current requirements are best served by the iPad.

[We have a Flea Market Forum for such requests - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-12-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Zoe Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #9
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
I'm still getting great mileage out of both my pocket and full-size edge. I just finished setting up a web app to allow me to program my arduino over the network specifically so I could use my edges. I can use the e-ink side for scratching out circuit diagrams while using the lcd to code and upload.

I also still like using them both as e-readers, with some music and quick web searches thrown in.

I expect I'll continue to look for other ways (excuses) to keep using them both as long as they'll run, at which point I will open them up and explore/experiment with their innards.

Best woot purchase ever.
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:41 PM   #10
Franky
Nameless Being

Yup, I'm there too. It's a pitty it can't get faster, but it's a great piece of tablet to me.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Just to add to the list of those still using the EE. Mine gets daily use but I have to admit that we are well on the way to an engineering sample of a dual book using the guts from the large Galaxy Note and the large Boox. We still have to make the electronics necessary to integrate them together and will most probably use the EE software as the base to get the interaction.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:51 PM   #12
Gerrye
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Just to add to the list of those still using the EE. Mine gets daily use but I have to admit that we are well on the way to an engineering sample of a dual book using the guts from the large Galaxy Note and the large Boox. We still have to make the electronics necessary to integrate them together and will most probably use the EE software as the base to get the interaction.

I think that all of us here wish you good luck and if you come up with something workable please announce it here. It looks like there is still some interest in the concept. I for one will keep monitoring the EE pages on Mobilread. Here's hoping that something commercial develops from your project.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:45 AM   #13
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Excellent!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:47 AM   #14
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
ivanjt! You rock!! I've been trying to decide which compromise I will accept after my eDGes die, but if you succeed I will not need to compromise! That is, if there is any way I can get my hands on your invention . . .
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #15
jdkiefer
jdkiefer began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Is anyone here?

i am here, and have been all along.

I finally have a problem with my EE, I only use my EE tom read pdf's at work. It has this purpose only as I have several more powerful devices. I use it to mark up pdf's and save the markups for later. It is used only several hours a month, so it has little use.
One of my well meaning coworkers tried to install Google play store, now it is in erernal boot.I need some help.
jdkiefer is offline   Reply With Quote