Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
qwerty-space
qwerty-space began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Question Rotate through screensavers?

Hi I have a jailbroken Kindle 4 with the screensaver hack, but I was wondering if there was a way to rotate through the screensavers without the waking then putting the kindle back to sleep again.

Could this be done by putting the Kindle to sleep then using the turn page buttons?

Thanks.
qwerty-space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty-space View Post
Hi I have a jailbroken Kindle 4 with the screensaver hack, but I was wondering if there was a way to rotate through the screensavers without the waking then putting the kindle back to sleep again.

Could this be done by putting the Kindle to sleep then using the turn page buttons?

Thanks.
No,
Changing the meta-stable display requires that the main CPU be running, not sleeping.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No,
Changing the meta-stable display requires that the main CPU be running, not sleeping.
@knc1, it would be possible if you integrated some of the functionality of my extension into yours (you'd have my permission). Though this would be quite a different approach to the current version, so not sure how easy it actually would be to make this adjustment.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
@knc1, it would be possible if you integrated some of the functionality of my extension into yours (you'd have my permission). Though this would be quite a different approach to the current version, so not sure how easy it actually would be to make this adjustment.
How would that handle the page turn buttons?
Old 04-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
How would that handle the page turn buttons?
Ah, I overlooked that. I was just thinking timer based rotation (e.g. every X minutes).
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
Ah, I overlooked that. I was just thinking timer based rotation (e.g. every X minutes).
Yup - This meta-stable display technology still catches a lot of people.

The: "It is displaying something - surely that means it is running" thoughts from the days of legacy active displays.

Since the Kindles will "wake on USB change" and the non-3G devices have an available internal USB host port - -

Perhaps some sort of hardware modification could use the page turn buttons to wake the system and perform an action might be possible.
I.E: Make the buttons generate a USB change.

Ah, too tricky for me, and I started out as a "hardware person".