Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
domee
domee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata download doesn't always work

Hey guys,

I have a little problem with downloading metadata: When I choose a couple of books from the library and then tell Calibre to download metadata and covers, for some books it only retrieves the cover and the info/comment texts but not the metadata tags. In this case I have to open the "edit metadata" window for each of the respective books and manually download the metadata from there - then it works fine. Unfortunately, this is pretty annoying when you have to do it for a considerable number of books. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
domee
domee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Often you have to download the metadata twice.
Post ny Kiwidude in this thread explains it a bit.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140210
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
domee
domee began at the beginning.

Device: none
That helps, thank you!
domee is offline   Reply With Quote