Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2023, 08:26 AM   #16
had
had began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd, aura h20, elipsa 2e
Does anyone have a full list of the special characters? I noticed that French accented filenames are not handled correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkqw View Post
Code:
[local]
encoding = Slash,LtGt,DoubleQuote,Colon,Question,Asterisk,Pipe,BackSlash,Ctl,RightSpace,RightPeriod,InvalidUtf8,Dot

[yourRemoteLibrary]
[...]
Kobo uses a VFAT filesystem, which does not like most of the special characters, hence we need to tell rclone to convert them. rclone isn't too smart about this unfortunately, thinking this is a normal Linux setup.
had is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 12:50 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Code:
\/:*?"<>|
Not familiar with this, but there should definitely be a built-in way to tell this thing "hey, I'm on vfat, sanitize filenames, plz!" without having to jump through hoops like those.

----

EDIT: What you're describing is completely unrelated, though, it's probably a codepage issue. I'm assuming rclone expects UTF-8 (as it should), while your windows stuff is (likely) in cp852...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-17-2023 at 12:53 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
rclone