Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #391
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
While I'd likely never do business with them due to not liking their past with piracy I hope that everyone who ordered from them gets what they paid for and is happy.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #392
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
While I'd likely never do business with them due to not liking their past with piracy I hope that everyone who ordered from them gets what they paid for and is happy.
Well, that'd put a damper on the Schadenfreude.
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #393
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Wonder of wonders, it seems like the 13" e-reader is actually shipping! Blow me over with a leaf. I'll be interested to hear some impressions.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...eader#/updates
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:08 AM   #394
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Wonder of wonders, it seems like the 13" e-reader is actually shipping! Blow me over with a leaf. I'll be interested to hear some impressions.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...eader#/updates

I, too, can also take a photo of a bunch of boxes.

Well (seriously), we'll see how it goes....
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #395
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I, too, can also take a photo of a bunch of boxes.

Well (seriously), we'll see how it goes....
And don't forget to offer a massive discount of 8% off for Valentine's Day
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #396
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
And don't forget to offer a massive discount of 8% off for Valentine's Day
If it's 8% for Valentine's Day, what will it be for Mother's Day? Or is that when they plan to deliver them?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:28 PM   #397
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If it's 8% for Valentine's Day, what will it be for Mother's Day? Or is that when they plan to deliver them?
Look for an earth shattering 9% discount
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #398
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Seems there have been a few comments as to performance on the units which have been received so far. Seems the internal memory space is something of an issue. Go figure.

Have posted the comments which I noticed on their Indiegoogo page to the Netronix forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...66#post3473966
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #399
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Everything is going swimmingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	386
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	154931  
Old 02-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #400
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Should we start a sub-forum here?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #401
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Should we start a sub-forum here?
We could call it "Crappy Devices We Never Expected to Exist".
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #402
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard

Quote:
Just received the box. My first impression was a bummer. It is shaking inside. Some parts are loose or I feared worst it may not even power on. But it powered on and I am charging now. Significant sound of a metal click-clack when i move the tablet even slightly up or down. Lesson learnt never order from these early funded programs. Will have a detailed review in a week..
Oops!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:42 PM   #403
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Oops!
A dimly lighted image flickered briefly in my mind showing you in full hazmat suit, moving carefully in the shadows, battle weapon at the ready, watching for something horrific.

Yipes!!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #404
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
They're back! Here is a Sneak Peak of the NEW Good e-Reader 6.8

At least they aren't calling it 'ultimate'. And the comments are fun:

Quote:
It looks awesome but please can you focus on fixing the software instability, poor battery life, rattling parts and long delays with the 13.3" reader before developing this? There are hundreds of negative comments all based on these issues on the project page https://www.indiegogo.com/p...
And the reply:

Quote:
All of this is fixed with our new product!
Does that mean Ultimate owners are SOL? Because it at least sounds that way...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #405
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
They're back! Here is a Sneak Peak of the NEW Good e-Reader 6.8

At least they aren't calling it 'ultimate'. And the comments are fun

Does that mean Ultimate owners are SOL? Because it at least sounds that way...
A thread was recently started about this device. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=285702

They have been busy deleting posts on their 13.3" Indiegogo page again. And they no longer seem to link to their Indiegogo page from their website. They also have announced that the 6.8" device will be launched on Kickstarter, not on Indiegogo. All very curious. Backer/Buyer beware.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodereader bad