Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Reading lamp

I am using a USB rechargeable 2 led lamp, but I would like to know if anybody has anything better. It is quite good when charged, it lights up well the top portion of the reader, but when it starts to discharge, the bottom becomes, understandably, darker very soon. Ideally I am looking for a 3-4 led lamp, still rechargeable.
I do not care for devices with button batteries, (I've seen a few with robotic arms, inexpensive, except for the batteries) they are only expensive and non echological.

Any suggestion ? Anybody tried one of the variuos wedges ?

Thanks in advance.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I have a PRS 505 and the reading cover with light (see http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665480080).
I never liked the Sony Reader that much and recently bought a Bookeen Opus on sale. Much to my surprise, the Sony light works pretty well with the Opus. If you keep the light attached to the reading cover and put the Opus under the light, you can hold it easily (keeping it horizontal with the page-turning buttons at the bottom).
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the answer, but I have the Gen3, not the Opus, therefore I believe it is smaller.
Ihave done some small research over the internet but I could find little, as it is difficult for me to understand a good search term.
The best I could find was the Mighy Brighty site, which seems to have at least rechargeable batteries.
Anybody any luck with them ? Or any other suggestion ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
I have a PRS 505 and the reading cover with light (see http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665480080).
I never liked the Sony Reader that much and recently bought a Bookeen Opus on sale. Much to my surprise, the Sony light works pretty well with the Opus. If you keep the light attached to the reading cover and put the Opus under the light, you can hold it easily (keeping it horizontal with the page-turning buttons at the bottom).
Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
I have that one: Mighty Bright Xtraflex2
uses 3 standard AAA-batteries
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

How does it work ?
What about the light and luminosity ?
Can you see all of he Cybook ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
It uses 2 extrabright white LEDs (thus, no continuous decrease of light), you can switch one or both on. (press button once / twice). So far, I have not needed replacement batteries, has a good lifetime too.
The neck is highly flexible but does a good hold, and the clip is big enough to embrace the cybook inside the cover.

The light is enough to not only illuminate the cybook but an entire room.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #7
brudigia
Evangelist

Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
It uses 2 extrabright white LEDs (thus, no continuous decrease of light), you can switch one or both on. (press button once / twice). So far, I have not needed replacement batteries, has a good lifetime too.
The neck is highly flexible but does a good hold, and the clip is big enough to embrace the cybook inside the cover.

The light is enough to not only illuminate the cybook but an entire room.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
I have the same thing. It's a nice white light from it, which means it helps the contrast on the Cybook, meaning it looks very clear.

I do have to move the lamps slightly from time to time to make sure that they are completely obscured by their hoods, that they aren't shining directly on the Cybook and that they cover everything. There's a sweet spot where they do just that.

I'm really happy with it. Something else which helps is it seems to dim slowly over time, rather than work fine and then cut out. It means you can tell when the batteries need replacing, but you don't need to do it then and there. Batteries last weeks too.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #9
brudigia
Evangelist

I just received one a yesterday and I've been trying it.
The double led is quite strong at night, and I have to move the lamps to avoid the glare, but it is really very luminous, a far cry from what I had before.
The AAA cells I can recharge, so the environemntal side is happy as well.

Thanks to both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
I have the same thing. It's a nice white light from it, which means it helps the contrast on the Cybook, meaning it looks very clear.

I do have to move the lamps slightly from time to time to make sure that they are completely obscured by their hoods, that they aren't shining directly on the Cybook and that they cover everything. There's a sweet spot where they do just that.

I'm really happy with it. Something else which helps is it seems to dim slowly over time, rather than work fine and then cut out. It means you can tell when the batteries need replacing, but you don't need to do it then and there. Batteries last weeks too.