Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Are there any (eReader + books) package deals out there?

There just happen to be a couple of new releases I'd like to read at the same time that I'm in the market for a new device.

Are there any bundle deals out there?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I've never seen a bundle deal for ebooks and ereaders combined in the US. Not once.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I've never seen a bundle deal for ebooks and ereaders combined in the US. Not once.
Yeah, I couldn't remember one either. There was a Sony deal for the rollout of Pottermore, but that was limited to the Harry Potter books only.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
curtw
Outside of a dog

Actually, now that I think about it, my PRS-505, purchased in-store at Borders in 2008, might have come with a coupon code for one "retail" book (along with the 150 PD titles). At least, that's the only reason I can think of that "Hunter's Run" is in my Kobo library.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #5
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
In November 2011, my S.O. bought for me (at P.C. Richard & Sons) a NOOK Tablet bundled with a free, NOOK-branded, 2G microSD card pre-loaded with 100 classic eBooks, including (mostly) Barnes&Noble Classics and a few other imprints.

Also:

- I've also seen deals like this one:
"Nook Comes with 30 Free Books If You Give Up Your Old Ebook Reader" | by Brian Barrett | June 30, 2011 | Gizmodo

- The NOOK Tablet and NOOK HD devices were sold pre-loaded with assorted, free ebooks, apps, games, and periodicals.

Last edited by Froide; 03-01-2018 at 09:08 AM. Reason: It's actually 100 (not 25) free classics pre-loaded onto a microSD card (not a USB drive), and added another deal
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:12 PM   #6
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
B&N also had deals for a Nook Simple Touch with USB card with B&N Classics (mostly PD books with scholarly introductions). I'm not aware of any bundled with new books, although for a year or two, B&N was doing promotions like giving out coupons for an ebook if you came into a B&N store, and giving away more B&N classics.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:06 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
When we got the Litteri's they came with Pre-Loaded e-books ALL Classics...

I suggest you buy a eReader that works for you & forget about the ebooks. Lots of Freebies Mainly Older Classics. Kobo has a Free List a mix of newer & older ebooks. But so does Amazon.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
The only ones I remember is when Sony would do some themed deals. I remember a Harry Potter one, a Valentines Day one (red device with some Romances) and a Mother's Day one (may have been similar to the Valentines one, can't recall). Well those and when Kobo's and some others (like Bookeen) came with a bunch of PD classics "pre-installed".
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote