Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
ADE problem, please help

I am trying to redownload all my Kobo purchases. After installing ADE 2.0.1 and authorizing my PC, I began to download and was having no problems, but now suddenly I am getting an error message:

Quote:
Unable to download
Error getting license. License server communication problem:
E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
Since I just authorized the current computer, I did download on another computer previously. Is that the problem? Except that seems pretty nonsensical; my whole point in redownloading is to get everything all in one place to organize it, not split between two computers.

If I deauthorize and reauthorize, I'm afraid I'll screw up the abillity to access the books I already downloaded. So I'm not sure what is the best way to proceed and would appreciate any help.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Did you change your Adobe ID at some point? The error makes it sound like a different Adobe ID was used to download the book.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Since I just authorized the current computer, I did download on another computer previously. Is that the problem? Except that seems pretty nonsensical; my whole point in redownloading is to get everything all in one place to organize it, not split between two computers.

If I deauthorize and reauthorize, I'm afraid I'll screw up the abillity to access the books I already downloaded. So I'm not sure what is the best way to proceed and would appreciate any help.
Yes, that error is because the books were downloaded before on a different ADE ID.Now, the way to get them all together is to put them in Calibre (while removing the DRM).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Did you change your Adobe ID at some point? The error makes it sound like a different Adobe ID was used to download the book.
When I installed ADE to the PC yesterday, I got the message that my e-mail was already associated with an account, and that's the account I used. I haven't used ADE in several years, as I've been buying or borrowing Kindle books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, that error is because the books were downloaded before on a different ADE ID.Now, the way to get them all together is to put them in Calibre (while removing the DRM).
That's what I want to do--I'm trying to organize all my disorganized e-books--but I can't download them to access them! I have them from way back (stripped) when I originally bought them, but scattered and hard to find, so I thought redownloading and running through Calibre would be easier than combing through messy files. I'm especially baffled as to why the 50 or so (out of 130) did download just fine, but the rest yield the error message.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I've gotten that error message before on newly-acquired titles from various sources that have never been downloaded. Usually, all I had to do was wait a while and retry with the same file, or get a fresh ACSM from the same source and try again, and that's always “fixed” the issue up until now (excepting those rare items which I actually did get on separate Adobe ID accounts).

I think sometimes it happens when the server is just being glitchy and/or you're trying to get too many things in too short a time and overload it.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I've gotten that error message before on newly-acquired titles from various sources that have never been downloaded. Usually, all I had to do was wait a while and retry with the same file, or get a fresh ACSM from the same source and try again, and that's always “fixed” the issue up until now (excepting those rare items which I actually did get on separate Adobe ID accounts).

I think sometimes it happens when the server is just being glitchy and/or you're trying to get too many things in too short a time and overload it.
Thanks. I did wonder if I'd maxed out some unknown limit on number of downloads. I'll leave it till tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:35 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Well, today I still couldn't download the ADE books to my desktop PC. Meanwhile, I went over to BN to redownload all my purchases there, and couldn't do that, either (I belatedly found the thread here at MR about BN's idiocy). So I ended up pulling out a wonky old laptop I don't use anymore, which still had an old version of Nook on it, and painstakingly downloaded all the BN books--which took forever, because of both BN issues and the wonkiness that had led to that laptop being consigned to the scrap heap. And on that same computer I was also able to download the rest of the Kobo books to the ADE 1.7 installed there--except for the ADE pdf books; they won't redownload at all.

I still have to run everything through Calibre and combine the files on the two computers, see if I can find clean versions of the pdfs, and avoid ever buying from BN again.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Well, today I still couldn't download the ADE books to my desktop PC. Meanwhile, I went over to BN to redownload all my purchases there, and couldn't do that, either (I belatedly found the thread here at MR about BN's idiocy). So I ended up pulling out a wonky old laptop I don't use anymore, which still had an old version of Nook on it, and painstakingly downloaded all the BN books--which took forever, because of both BN issues and the wonkiness that had led to that laptop being consigned to the scrap heap. And on that same computer I was also able to download the rest of the Kobo books to the ADE 1.7 installed there--except for the ADE pdf books; they won't redownload at all.

I still have to run everything through Calibre and combine the files on the two computers, see if I can find clean versions of the pdfs, and avoid ever buying from BN again.
I do have nook for PC on my Windows 10 laptop and last time I used it, it did work. I have some credit at B&N from the settlement so I may buy an eBook from B&N to see if it still works. If I can find the installer, would you like yo give it a go?
Old 01-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do have nook for PC on my Windows 10 laptop and last time I used it, it did work. I have some credit at B&N from the settlement so I may buy an eBook from B&N to see if it still works. If I can find the installer, would you like yo give it a go?
My desktop PC is Windows 7, as is the old laptop. I didn't bother looking for any older version of Nook for PC for the desktop; I just used the old laptop on which Nook for PC was already installed. And everything did properly download, eventually. I am totally disgusted with BN and won't buy digital from them again.

I'm currently running all the BN titles through Calibre, and that's confusing as well, since the plug-in (latest version) isn't stripping DRM from all the titles; probably 20 percent or so fail. Very odd; I can't see any rhyme or reason to the failures.

Then I'll need to go back to the ADE books--seems like I need to process those on the old computer too; the plug-in did not remove DRM when I tried on the desktop computer.

I don't know why I ever thought it would be easier to redo everything than to look for specific files and folders from way back when I was buying from BN and Kobo. How wrong I was!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #10
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Just found this thread. I'm trying to download a just acquired book from Kobo and got the same message as in the first post.

When I looked at my ADE library, it says there are zero books in there. When I look at the ADE file, the books are listed.

I have version 1.7.2 (the one recommended when I was having some other problem previously, though I can't remember the details now) and am using the same computer (a Mac).

Has anyone else had this problem?
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #11
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
An update: it all get curiouser and curiouser, to quote Alice.

I downloaded the newest ADE - 4.5.3. It said it found books so I said to put them in. So it did - not any of mine, but eight of my husband's books from his machine. Now, the two machines are linked so we can send each other things, but really?
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
An update: it all get curiouser and curiouser, to quote Alice.

I downloaded the newest ADE - 4.5.3. It said it found books so I said to put them in. So it did - not any of mine, but eight of my husband's books from his machine. Now, the two machines are linked so we can send each other things, but really?
You don't want ADE 4.5.3. You don't want it installed. You don't want it activated. You don't want it run on any computer. You don't want it to touch any of your ePub. You don't want to even know it exists. You don;t want the link to it bookmarked. You don't want the link even in your browser history. You don't want any of the web page in your browser cache. You don't want the install file possib;yrecoverable after you delete it. You don't want any bit of it on any of your hard drives. You don't want it as it is an infection and no antivirus will be able to clean that infection.

What you want is ADE 2.0.1. That's the version you need. You need to replace ADE 4.5.3 on any computer it's on with 2.0.1. ADE 4.5.3 can possibly download ePub with DRM that you cannot strip and possibly cannot use anyplace else.

You want ADE 2.0.1. http://www.adobe.com/support/digital...downloads.html

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-26-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
If you want ePub 3 support you need a version later that 2.0.1. Did you forget to say: IMHO, oh wait, you are not the least bit humble.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If you want ePub 3 support you need a version later that 2.0.1. Did you forget to say: IMHO, oh wait, you are not the least bit humble.

Dale
If you want ePub 3 support, find a different program. And I am not humble in this case. With the chance to buy eBooks that you may not be able to use on your reading device of choice, I would not use a version of ADE past 2.0.1.

The way I look at it is that Adobe updated the DRM server software so any version before 2.0.1 would not work and thus, when most went to find a newer ADe, they'd get the latest version and eventually the new DRM. When all the complaints start rolling in, Adobe can honestly say that ADE 2.0.1 still works and they could have installed that to not get the new DRM.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-26-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It just gets worse..... Arrrrgh!
Sorry I know, that's no help, but I sympathize!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote