Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
deltathing
deltathing began at the beginning.

Device: k4
setting up public key for diags mode ssh

hello,

I have previously set up my 3 kindles (k4nt), to allow simultaneous ssh using a mntusb script on the main partition.

I am wondering how to go about editing ssh config and adding public keys to achieve this while they are in diags.. where should I be looking?

thanks!
deltathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltathing View Post
hello,

I have previously set up my 3 kindles (k4nt), to allow simultaneous ssh using a mntusb script on the main partition.

I am wondering how to go about editing ssh config and adding public keys to achieve this while they are in diags.. where should I be looking?

thanks!
Which build of ssh are you using on the K4 Diag partition, ours or Amazons?

As I recall, it was sometime during the K4 (firmware) lifetime that Amazon stopped including sshd on the Diag partition.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
deltathing

ah yes I just reflashed the diag partition with the Kubrick live cd, so I am able to gain access.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
deltathing

A little background on what I am trying to achieve here..

I am using these devices as part of an art installation, each is displaying a video using the GeekmasterVideo software, and they are running continuously via a while loop.

I have this setup working currently

But as is noted in that thread, the K4 displays much more smoothly while in diags mode. So I am investigating this option.

its important to me that the process of setting them up is streamlined, and the running is stable.

though I am a novice when it comes to much of this, i've gotten this far from reading the wealth of information here.

I would be most grateful if anyone could offer a direction to search, or even alternative methods through which I can achieve this goal.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You do not mention any budget concerns.

If you are trying to minimize expense of the display, then I don't think you can beat a used K4.

By now, used K4 devices must be cheaper than dirt.
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
deltathing

Indeed! I'm a student, so budget is always a concern
I meant alternative processes using the hardware I already have
Old 11-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Indeed, that was my first guess.

- - - - -

I do have a few, very dead, K4 devices.
I may just try collecting the dirt on them and see if the dirt can be sold for more than the broken K4 devices.