Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
W3C CSS Validation opens with Notepad++

Sigil used to opened the W3C CSS validation service. I use this frequently.

But as of today, when I select this in Sigil, Notepad++ opens.

I have uninstalled Sigil, rebooted and installed it again but the problem still exists.

I have set .css validation to open in Sigil in Windows file associations but it still isn't working.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I have set .css validation to open in Sigil in Windows file associations.
Can you explain exactly what you mean by this?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you explain exactly what you mean by this?
I probably haven't explained it very well. I know that all file extensions have a File Association in Windows so that Windows knows how to open the correct application for that file. So say, if I double-click on a .doc file, Windows will open MS Word and show the file.

But I really don't know how it works from within Sigil. Usually, when I select Tools/Validate css with W3C from the Tools menu in Sigil it opens the validation website. But this has stopped working today.

Outside of Sigil I checked the Windows File Associations and it says Sigil for CSS but this seems to me to mean that if I click on a .css file it should open Sigil. But it doesn't. It still opens with Notepad++.

I have uninstalled Notepad++ now, however, when I click on the Tools/Validate W3C CSS option nothing happens at all.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
When you use the Validator you are not opening a css file in Windows, you're sending that file to a web site.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
Moonraker
Addict

Problem solved.

I did a Windows System Restore and now is all working correctly.

I suspect a Windows Update went wrong which caused me other problems also.

Thanks for your help.
Advert