Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-25-2023, 07:16 PM   #1
Azrael
Azrael began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
ereaders with CBR & ePUB support

Hello everyone,

As the title, I'm looking for an ereader with ePUB (which probably is 99% supported) and CBR (mostly for comics and manga) support.

Budget around 200usd maybe?
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 07:46 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
The PocketBooks support CBR natively. For Manga you would probably want a big screen. Currently the InkPad 3 and InkPad 3 Pro are on sale at Amazon ($220 and $240) and have 7.8" inch screens. They're both being replaced by the InkPad 4. The InkPad 3 doesn't have sound (or BlueTooth) but it does have a microSD slot, which the Pro does not have. I have 6" PocketBooks but I've never read CBR books, so I can't personally vouch for how they handle CBR.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 07:55 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
All the current Kobo ereaders will handle ePub and CBR/CBZ format graphic books. Your location will have an effect on price and availability so a general location would be good to know (not your exact address but country would be good).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:43 PM   #4
Azrael

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
All the current Kobo ereaders will handle ePub and CBR/CBZ format graphic books. Your location will have an effect on price and availability so a general location would be good to know (not your exact address but country would be good).
Location Peru, SouthAmerica. Dunno how extensive maybe the Kobo store here.

But my goal would be mostly to upload books / comics via USB, as far as i know Kobo has this feature
Old 10-26-2023, 05:00 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
But my goal would be mostly to upload books / comics via USB, as far as i know Kobo has this feature
I always download to "PC" any ebooks I buy from anywhere (Amazon, Kobo, etc), put them in Calibre and use USB to transfer to ereader. Using Kobo for years, though still have some Kindles for test purposes.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 05:36 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Hello everyone,

As the title, I'm looking for an ereader with ePUB (which probably is 99% supported) and CBR (mostly for comics and manga) support.

Budget around 200usd maybe?

I've NEVER seen a new Kobo available in this country. I've seen one or two used ones over the years. You might try Compu Palace (Miraflores), but I've never seen a new one there, either. I've always purchased mine outside of Peru and then had it shipped here.

It will cost you an arm (maybe two arms) AND two legs to have it shipped here.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 02:12 AM   #7
Azrael

Haha that's so true. Electronics shipped here would likely double or triple its price. No worries there, i'm planning to buy directly from Amazon / Walmart etc
and a friend will bring it here.

Still my concern with the CBR support, i guess i'm gonna try Kobo Libra 2 and maybe a Kindle just for testing purposes.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:34 AM   #8
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Although the Libra 2 is great for books, you'll probably regret the 7" screen if you're mostly reading manga. You'd be better off with the Sage in that case.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote