Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-28-2023, 11:25 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I got the quote from my reseller. If they got the part it'll cost me less than a new Libra 2, though not by a lot (about 80% price of Libra 2)
You have three choices. The choice is yours.
  • Have the screen replaced
  • Buy a new Onyx Leaf2
  • Buy a New Kobo Libra 2
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 12:01 PM   #17
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You have three choices. The choice is yours.
  • Have the screen replaced
  • Buy a new Onyx Leaf2
  • Buy a New Kobo Libra 2
Yeah. I'm trying to replace the screen first, otherwise a new Libra 2. The reason I'm not doing a new Leaf2 is because if I want a new one now I'll have to import it.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 12:49 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Though because it's eink, the screen might not be calibrated and contrast might be poor. Your 20%, so you decide if you want to bet!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 10:26 PM   #19
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Hmm... I'll think about it.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:19 AM   #20
Hypernova
Hyperreader

Just to conclude this thread. I decided to go ahead and get a Libre 2 (found a discount which helps).

I do not use Nickle and only relying on KOReader, so when I found out that there are known issue with running KOReader on Libra 2 I was very worried. Fortunately so far it has been fine the first week. KOReader seems to have faster page turn on Libra 2 compared to Leaf 2, but I was surprised how much bigger Libra 2 is compared to Leaf 2. I may still try to get my Leaf 2 fixed when I got the chance, but then I'll have two devices that are pretty much in the same category...

In any case, thanks all for suggestions, info, etc. Happy reading.