Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-19-2023, 05:06 PM   #1
XSYLUS
XSYLUS began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
Question 6-inch E-Ink Notepad / Notebook

I currently have an old 6-inch kindle with a side-loaded app called TakeNote. My primary use case is making lists with the device. The kindle is showing it's age and while the app serves it's purpose it's not the best experience.

Is there a low-priced, 6-inch e-ink device that is more geared towards typing notes and making lists?

I was looking at the Kobo Clara 2E but I can't find any specifics on if it supoorts a note taking independantly of being inside an e-book.

While I do store ebooks on my kindle, that's not my primary use case.
XSYLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 05:30 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you want to "upgrade" to handwriting, the only small note-capable device I know of is the MobiScribe Origin, which is 6.8". Most companies only make readers in the 6 and 7" range, and the smallest devices with writing capabilties start at 7.8". The Kobo Clara (6") and Libra (7") do not support handwriting. Only the Sage (8") and Elipsa (10.3") do.

For typing notes, you could certainly get your needs met with one of the Android-powered devices, such as the Boox Poke series, since Android has tons of notepad programs to choose from.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:57 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by epaper View Post
Use the eink finder tool. Here is a list of eink devices that are 6 inch and have note-taking capabilities
There are only one result- scribe. But you can play around with the filters and maybe settle for one that is 6.8 or 7". Hope you find what you need
You mean mobiscribe (which is obsolete). But that's a poor site. The Scribe is 10.3″
Technically you can sketch/handwrite with a MS/Kobo pen on a Kobo Libra 2, (7″) but you can't edit later on the Kobo Libra 2. The earlier original Libra doesn't support a digitiser and pen.
The Kobo Sage 8″ might be smallest with on device conversion of handwriting to text, equations, shapes and check boxes. Export docx or html ( inc freehand as images) or text only.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote