Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne5 View Post
Err, what I want to do is using the vncviewer on kindle without using computer to ssh into it to ruan the codes at the same time.

Besides, why I using the X11vnc on Raspi and the desktop displayed on kindle is very small like the shape of the stamp. Although I can control with keyboard and mouse, the display setting on Raspi desktop said the monitor it detected is 320x240? And can I change it ?
You would probably find progress easier to make if you divided the problem into parts.

1) Get the vnc viewer on the Kindle working properly - with any computer known to work.

2) Get the combination of the Kindle vnc viewer working with the Rpi.

If you aren't working from the command line, you are working blind.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #32
wayne5
wayne5 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
The problem of loop codes on kpw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You **can** run more than one ssh session at a time.

On the machine you use for the client - just open **another** terminal window and ssh into the Kindle **AGAIN**.
Leave the kindle's display free for use as the vnc viewer (no kterm running on it).
The first problem of running codes "while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;"
At the first time, I run it on PC and it can work.Must I run it by using PC to ssh into kindle? Once I run it and it cann't go back to run kvncviewer on kindle. But they both need to work on kindle. So how can I get another terminal window ?

Last edited by wayne5; 06-22-2014 at 08:51 PM.
wayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #33
wayne5
wayne5 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You would probably find progress easier to make if you divided the problem into parts.

1) Get the vnc viewer on the Kindle working properly - with any computer known to work.

2) Get the combination of the Kindle vnc viewer working with the Rpi.

If you aren't working from the command line, you are working blind.
Does the x11vnc display the only desktop that Raspi truely takes on? If so, I didn' t connect a monitor actually. But it detected and identified as a screen of 320x240. Does that mean the x11vnc cann't change the resolution of screen? And how to change the wrong detection of Rrapi? I am affraid that I only can try it next day.
wayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #34
leefeng
leefeng began at the beginning.

Question How did you solve it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne5 View Post
I run x11vnc on Raspi and got the desktop on KPW2 ,but there is a problem of a screen resolution. It is small, and I cann't find out how to change it.

Is it the thing in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/calibration.conf ?
And why the monitor it detected is 320x240?
Hello, Do you use kpw2 vnc raspi successful yet

I also encountered the "partially updating eink display (**, **) - (**, **)" problem

How did you solve it?
leefeng is offline   Reply With Quote