Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
Gazerwolf
Enthusiast
Gazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheese

Device: 2 K2 Int, K4 SO, K4 Keyboard, Kindle DXG,Voyage(broke screen)PW4
Tag on Add

I would like to have a Tag added when I add books to my collection.

I like to go through additions and check my metadata and make sure I have the cover I want, and I can sort by date to find what I've added recently but it would be nice to have the Add function automatically tag with a tag like "Need to Check" or something like that.

Is there already a way to do that that I haven't found, or is this message a feature request?
Gazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It is a feature request.

When books are added, they are put at the top of the list. The first thing that many of us do is select these books and add a 'ToDo' (or whatever) tag. You can then use restrictions or searches to find these books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazerwolf View Post
Is there already a way to do that that I haven't found, or is this message a feature request?
It is now a new feature, which should be available on the next release.

Once the change is released, Preferences -> General will show a text box labeled 'Tags to apply when adding a book'. Type a tag or comma-separated list of tags into the box. The tag(s) will be automatically applied when a book is added to the library. The tags are not applied when a format is added, and they are not applied to downloaded News.

Edit: the tags are also not added when books are imported from another library.

Last edited by chaley; 09-02-2010 at 11:14 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post

Once the change is released, Preferences -> General will show a text box labeled 'Tags to apply when adding a book'. Type a tag or comma-separated list of tags into the box. The tag(s) will be automatically applied when a book is added to the library. The tags are not applied when a format is added, and they are not applied to downloaded News.
Genius

Thanks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
Gazerwolf
Enthusiast
Gazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheese

Device: 2 K2 Int, K4 SO, K4 Keyboard, Kindle DXG,Voyage(broke screen)PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
FANTASTIC!
Gazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert