Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Cutestory
Voice of Reason
Cutestory began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505
Kindle 2 Shipping Dates

I'm curious as to the specifics of how the "first in line" status for Kindle 1 customers ordering the K2 is going to affect new customers. I have a K1 already, and I ordered my K2 this morning--my order status says that it'll be shipping Feburary 24th.

Have people who preordered a while back have February 24th ship dates as well? I'm wondering how much Amazon has actually "increased [their] manufacturing capacity."

Anyone checked their order status recently?
Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
I do NOT have a K1 (or any reader for that matter) and after ordering this morning my ship date was listed as March 2nd.

So I would say that you, as a previous Kindle user, will have a week head start.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
My "arrival" date is 2 Mar. So you might look and see if that is what yours says.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
My "arrival" date is 2 Mar. So you might look and see if that is what yours says.
Items not yet shipped:
Shipping estimate: March 2, 2009 1 of: Kindle 2: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device (Latest Generation)
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 of: Amazon Kindle 2 Leather Cover

Items shipping soon:
Shipping estimate: February 17, 2009 1 of: Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light (Black, Kindle Compatible)

It says "Shipping estimate" whatever that means.

I got the "free" shipping. Which means that it is strapped to a stray cat and let loose to find its way to my doorstep.

Last edited by NavyDad6; 02-09-2009 at 10:01 PM.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Mine's is estimated to be delivered on Feb 25 (yes, I paid a little extra for overnight). Unless K2 really wows me, it'll be an excellent Mother's Day present for my mom.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Mine is Feb. 27th!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
mine is scheduled to be delivered Feb 26. I am a previous kindle owner and a amazon prime member. for non prime members, If you choose free shipping they will add a few days on to your delivery date, that's why your seeing March 2. yours will probably ship out Feb 24 like everyone else. Amazon likes to overestimate delivery dates for free shipping. Before I was a prime member I would use free shipping on pre-orders of dvds and it would list to ship a few days after release day on the order status page, but it would always ship release day and I would get it a few days later.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Oops double post...

Last edited by TallMomof2; 02-09-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Already posted.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I ordered mine yesterday. I received an email saying my order had been upgraded to a Kindle 2 and that I would be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and would receive mine as soon as Kindle 2 becomes available later this month.

My order info at Amazon.com says it's shipping between March 2 and March 12.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
SCTrojans83
SCTrojans83 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Prime member for me. Ordered this afternoon.

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: February 26, 2009 1 of: Kindle 2: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device (Latest Generation)
1 of: Amazon Kindle 2 Leather Cover
SCTrojans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
bayou
bayou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ordered mine at the end of November and had a 12/17, February, then March 12 delivery date.

I just checked and I have a February 27 delivery date!
bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Mine is showing delivery for Feb.26th. I ordered mine this morning.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
ebookguru
ebookguru began at the beginning.

Device: BlackBerry
I ordered one of these this morning as well, and it says Feb 27 for delivery. I didn't bother with the Kindle 1, but with the new version I thought it was finally time to give one a try.
ebookguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Hmm, I ordered mine this morning also and I've got a ship date of March 2!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
Hmm, I ordered mine this morning also and I've got a ship date of March 2!
So do I. Also chose free ship.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote