Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #46
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
What the heck is going on with Amazon/Audible? I browsed the $3.99 & under section at Amazon.com yesterday only to find it mostly full of books that were much higher priced. Some were in the $11.95 & up range, with matching audio versions equally exorbitant. I know they've raised prices -- most of my wishlist has jumped from $1.99/$2.99 to around $7.49 -- but can't they get their own categories right? It should be obvious, anything over $3.99 does not belong in that group.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #47
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
They are changing things again....about 16 titles in my KU+WSV list (where the audio companion could be purchased for 1.99) I have now moved to my KU with audio list, as the audible is now included.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #48
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
I'll take another look then to see what's been moved where. This KU thing I do not have, but I do own many books for which there are WSV upgrades. They were a lot cheaper than $7-12 when I first bought them however, so I probably won't be buying as many as I'd be inclined to at the $3 & Under mark. Certainly not as often, those are American prices but my hard-to-come-by dollars are all Canadian.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #49
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is how ridiculous they have gotten. From my test sample of one. I owned a title (The Gemini Effect) which now has audio included when you check it out via KU. Tried to do that on my phone, no check out button, just "read now" whereupon you may buy the audio companion for 1.99. Good price, yeah, but I want the free version. So, had to go into my Amazon account and delete the book from my account. Then, I was able to successfully check the book out. In the book app, still says "buy the companion", but in the Audible app, it was there to download.

Ok, now that I downloaded the book through Audible, when I go to Books, the Play button is there. So that is something. Seems like some unnecessary hoops to jump through, though.

How I wish there was a place where one could easily rent audio books for a cheap price. (I've looked at downpour, anything I search for is not rentable). Scribd is too expensive for me, as I don't enjoy reading books in their app, I may do them again in the future, but $9 a month to rend one audio book seems like a lot (yes you can rent others, but it's not simple enough for me). I pay less than that per month for the Brooklyn library, and they have a much better selection of audio books.

You can rent movies for $3, why can't they do that for audiobooks?
Old 08-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #50
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post

How I wish there was a place where one could easily rent audio books for a cheap price. (I've looked at downpour, anything I search for is not rentable). Scribd is too expensive for me, as I don't enjoy reading books in their app, I may do them again in the future, but $9 a month to rend one audio book seems like a lot (yes you can rent others, but it's not simple enough for me). I pay less than that per month for the Brooklyn library, and they have a much better selection of audio books.

You can rent movies for $3, why can't they do that for audiobooks?
Try Playster, $10/month after a one-month free trial. The app is annoying, but there's a good selection and you aren't limited in how many audiobooks you can borrow.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #51
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I am leery of their app, as I have read your comments, however, I should do the free trial to try it for myself!
Old 08-30-2017, 01:48 PM   #52
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I am leery of their app, as I have read your comments, however, I should do the free trial to try it for myself!
It's annoying, but it's also economical. I've found lots of books that I can't get through Overdrive but don't care enough about to buy.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote