Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
I'd also recommend Delaney's work. He manages to convey whole panoramic images and mind-numbing social contexts, but when you go back and look at the page, there are hardly any words there.

I still haven't quite figured out how he does that.
No sh*t! He's incredible. I hadn't really thought of him as minimalist though, I'll re-read some with that in mind. Thank you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
BTW, completely off topic, but I read Carver's "Neighbors" story yesterday.....jeeze! The man slays me! There is a version here: http://ebookbrowse.com/neighbors-by-...pdf-d228183807
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Alex Bleach
Enthusiast
Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alex Bleach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC - PDF & Kindle Desktop
Thanks. Some useful tips here. It can be quite hard to edit a story down sometimes, there's bits you don't want to get rid of because you've nurtured it.
Alex Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
lashley
lashley began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would recommend Jules Verne: Thumbsup:
lashley is offline   Reply With Quote