Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #76
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Since it's come up a few times... the Discworld Reading Order Chart (one of them, anyway) showing the various series. Definitely, if one track doesn't appeal, try a different one.

I started with The Light Fantastic and later read The Color of Magic as fill-in-the-background and it was fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the-discworld-reading-order-guide-2.0.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	579.3 KB
ID:	85910  
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #77
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
War and Peace -I pick it up, look at it and put it down...

Ivanhoe - Can never get past the opening...

The Iliad - Always get bogged down in the black ships listing...

Outlander - I've started it a couple of times, but I really don't like Claire...
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #78
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
It's not necessarily postponing, but over the last six years I've attempted reading Moby-Dick three times. I've never made it more than 25% of the way through the book, which is where I am in the book at the moment. I feel like giving up again, because it's incredibly boring and I have no investment whatsoever in the story or the characters. If I give up this time though, I will probably never make a fourth attempt.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #79
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I've got "A dance with dragons" by R.R. Martin, but never get around to reading it.
I think I've sort of lost interest in the whole thing so I might give up.

The same happened to me when I got about a 3rd of the way through "Winter's heart".
It was totally boring by that point and I've not bothered since. Shame tho, the first 5 Jordan books were very good.
It was sheer willpower that got me through up to Winter's heart as far as I did.

I've also read the first 4 books I think of the Dark tower series. I really enjoyed it up until then. Now it's just boring and I have given up for good.

But then there are other books that are often described as hard work that I loved.
I've read The Silmarillion several times.
The Thomas Covenant series (apart from the latest series,which is dire) a few times.

A friend has written a book and has asked me to read it, sadly I don't really like it, but I feel obliged to read it.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote