Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #31
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
This is the only valid reason to have DRM on anything available to the public.
Yes, the one drm that should not be broken.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #32
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am with the crowd that says if I pay $.99 for a book, I will consider it a license and honor the DRM. If you are asking me to pay the same amount as the equivalent paper back, I am buying the book and not a license. In that case, I will strip the DRM so I can do whatever the heck I want with the book and screw em.
Amen to that.
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #33
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Yes, the one drm that should not be broken.
It would be fairly simple to create DRM for libraries. They don't even need a device specific DRM, but only a time expiry. Public key encryption springs to mind - each library could even have their own private key and only let residents have access to the public key. If someone writes a un-drm tool for that system, they should be shot - as the only reason would be for piracy. At least un-drm tools right now have a valid reason to exist for non-piracy.

Of course that is not going to happen as Adobe would not make any money from drm.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote