Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #1441
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
@willus

Is it possible to use this for Cbz to Pdf? This would be a more direct approach , otherwise there needs to be a one more step in the middle (cbz->pdf->k2pdfopt)

Last edited by loviedovie; 08-11-2017 at 07:07 PM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #1442
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
@willus

Is it possible to use this for Cbz to Pdf? This would be a more direct approach , otherwise there needs to be a one more step in the middle (cbz->pdf->k2pdfopt)
I could look at adding this to the next version. The MuPDF library has code to read .cbz files, so it shouldn't be difficult. For the time being, you'll need to do the extra step to convert to .cbz to .pdf.

Edit: The other thing you can do (for now) to convert .cbz files is simply unzip them into a folder and then drop that folder onto the k2pdfopt icon--k2pdfopt will process a folder full of .jpg or .png files as if each bitmap file is one page of a total volume.

Last edited by willus; 08-12-2017 at 04:55 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #1443
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Thanks for the tips. Also thanks for considering adding cbz support.

Is there a way to handle folder full off jpgs with the command line (onl Linux)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I could look at adding this to the next version. The MuPDF library has code to read .cbz files, so it shouldn't be difficult. For the time being, you'll need to do the extra step to convert to .cbz to .pdf.

Edit: The other thing you can do (for now) to convert .cbz files is simply unzip them into a folder and then drop that folder onto the k2pdfopt icon--k2pdfopt will process a folder full of .jpg or .png files as if each bitmap file is one page of a total volume.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #1444
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Thanks for the tips. Also thanks for considering adding cbz support.

Is there a way to handle folder full off jpgs with the command line (onl Linux)?
Yes--just pass the folder / directory name in place of where you would usually put the PDF file name. k2pdfopt will sort the bitmap files in the folder alphabetically into the pages of the output:

k2pdfopt [options] <foldername>
Old 08-25-2017, 03:12 AM   #1445
zaoqi
github.com/zaoqi
zaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beautyzaoqi does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Boox c67ml,Note S,Max2,KT3,KPW4,Kobo AurdHD,Touch N905C
can't run on armel,armhf,ppc64be,ppc64le,...
zaoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #1446
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaoqi View Post
can't run on armel,armhf,ppc64be,ppc64le,...
k2pdfopt is open source C/C++ code and so can theoretically be compiled for other platforms (e.g. see the ArchLinux distro). I do not have the resources to compile for every possible platform. An arm download was compiled in the past, but it accounted for a tiny fraction of my downloads (< 0.1%) and wasn't being regularly updated, so I removed it.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:41 AM   #1447
Chen Megatroon
Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Chen Megatroon has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: New Kindle
A problem with the indent

Hi!
I want to reflow the text in PDF (in chinese) but seems it can't deal with the indent correctly (page 3 and 4 in the converted file B). How can I solve that problem?
Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	196
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	158717
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A.pdf (271.7 KB, 179 views)
File Type: pdf B.pdf (241.7 KB, 153 views)
Chen Megatroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:39 AM   #1448
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chen Megatroon View Post
I want to reflow the text in PDF (in chinese) but seems it can't deal with the indent correctly (page 3 and 4 in the converted file B). How can I solve that problem?
I think this behavior is the intended behavior, but let me check the indentation / wrapping algorithm when I get a chance and see if there are any options that might impact it.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #1449
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Hi,

I can't get a custom conversion, such as -mode copy -odpi 300, in post 1405, using the standard version of k2pdfopt. I get an error saying the file could not be opened. I think I can get a standard conversion, but don't have much use for that.

I tried to create a custom version of k2pdfopt, as described under the Mac help, but it wouldn't run.

Wil the custom conversion in post 1405 retain any text layer?

P.S. Solved first problem by entering options, and pressing enter, before dragging and dropping the file itself. I have to close and reopen k2pdfopt each time, and can't process several pdfs in a batch or without reopening and reintroducing the settings. If I could set up custom versions at 300 dpi and 150 dpi, it would be a bit easier.

Last edited by MarjaE; 09-01-2017 at 08:27 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #1450
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

There are instructions for making a k2pdfopt "script" file in OSX with customized options at the bottom of the Mac install instructions page. Or you can drop a folder full of PDF files onto the terminal window instead of an individual PDF file and k2pdfopt will convert all PDF files in the folder with whatever options you specify. Also, yes, the command options from post 1405 should retain the text layer.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #1451
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
And I followed those instructions. When I try to open the resulting file, I get the following error:

"line 1: ./k2pdfopt: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed."

Basic k2pdfopt is in the same folder as the custom version.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #1452
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
And I followed those instructions. When I try to open the resulting file, I get the following error:

"line 1: ./k2pdfopt: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed."
You must be the first person to have truly tried out the custom script! Or maybe it stopped working in a more recent version of OSX. Either way, I have updated the OSX instructions for the custom script so that they work again--you have to put "cd Desktop" as the first line of the custom script. Some of the other instructions need minor updates as well (OSX no longer allows k2pdfopt to run immediately after downloading unless you use Ctrl-Click / Open to start it the first time), but apparently you figured that out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #1453
2q8
2q8 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 3 manga
arabic pdf problem

hi first thank you for making a such magnificent tool that make our reading easier...
i face problem when i convert arabic pdf
in some page it looks perfect
and other the text miss up like those picture"Attached"
that small text is really annoying and the text shows not perfect straight there is small zigzag in the line
picture shows what i confront : /
pdf:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...zM2U3d4T0JhTG8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-09-08_01-53-34.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	158906   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-09-08_01-53-40.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	158907   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-09-08_02ffff12.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	158909   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-09-08_02-fffff.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	158910  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ??????? ??????? ?????? ?? ??? ????? #????_?????.pdf (5.28 MB, 158 views)

Last edited by 2q8; 09-07-2017 at 07:29 PM.
2q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:22 PM   #1454
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2q8 View Post
hi first thank you for making a such magnificent tool that make our reading easier...
that small text is really annoying and the text shows not perfect straight there is small zigzag in the line
pdf:
You're going to have to help me a little more here. I don't read arabic, so I'm having a hard time telling which source page goes with each of your conversion photos. Also, you posted two source documents--one as an attachment (210 pages) and one as a link (4713 pages). Which source document did you try to convert?
Old 09-08-2017, 12:04 AM   #1455
2q8
2q8 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 3 manga
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2q8 View Post
pdf:
those 2 picture for attachment pdf:

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

the others pic for the huge pdf 4000+ most of it are empty

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-08-2017 at 10:32 AM.
2q8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools