Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-22-2023, 12:27 PM   #1
Cale Henituse
Cale Henituse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle scribe
Exclamation K2pdfopt font size problems

I have a scribe, and I am using k2pdfopt for reflowing odds. I must say it’s a wonder, and a delight to work with.

However, I face problems with font size management. I see that -fs allows explicit specifications of font size and -mag magnifies it.

Both of these aren’t helping very much when I try to convert research papers pdf.

-mag isn’t uniformly magnifying, and some parts of text actually look smaller. They appear cluttered as well, which can be somewhat mitigated by using -vls

-fs is just changing section headings’ font size. Adding + causes sudden page breaks at page breaks of og pdf. The normal text font size is not changing.

Can someone please help me with some tips or tricks to increase font size?
Cale Henituse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 11:47 AM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
This may be a stupid question, but why don't you just set the display size of the converted pdf to be smaller, and then just read it expanded to fit the screen on your device? All of the text would be uniformly magnified then.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2023, 10:17 AM   #3
Cale Henituse
Cale Henituse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
This may be a stupid question, but why don't you just set the display size of the converted pdf to be smaller, and then just read it expanded to fit the screen on your device? All of the text would be uniformly magnified then.
Wouldn't that make the display blurry?
Cale Henituse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 03:16 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It probably would get blurry if you were outputting a PDF of images. I believe that the "-n" option with k2pdfopt will produce native PDF output, which should scale nicely when magnified.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:47 PM   #5
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cale Henituse View Post
I have a scribe, and I am using k2pdfopt for reflowing odds. I must say it’s a wonder, and a delight to work with.

However, I face problems with font size management. I see that -fs allows explicit specifications of font size and -mag magnifies it.

Both of these aren’t helping very much when I try to convert research papers pdf.

-mag isn’t uniformly magnifying, and some parts of text actually look smaller. They appear cluttered as well, which can be somewhat mitigated by using -vls

-fs is just changing section headings’ font size. Adding + causes sudden page breaks at page breaks of og pdf. The normal text font size is not changing.

Can someone please help me with some tips or tricks to increase font size?
Can you list all of the options you are using with k2pdfopt and also maybe post a few sample pages of your source document? Are you using re-flow? Is your source doc two columns? How large do you want the text to be on your scribe?
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert