Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Chris Crouch
Enthusiast
Chris Crouch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3 & iPad
Agency pricing coming to Australia?

Yesterday 5 books on my Amazon wishlist were suddenly no longer available to buy in Australia. No big deal I thought, just the sort of random nonsense that we have to put up with.

I had a bit closer look - the books had different publishers, but a bit of googling showed that they were all part of Hachette. "Hmm" I thought.

Then it occurred to me to fire up iBooks on my iPad. Lo and behold, all of the missing books were newly available in the iBookstore.

This leads me to the obvious conclusion: Hachette are trying to introduce agency pricing to Australia. Failing that, they'll lock Amazon out.

Can anyone spot any flaws in my logic?
Chris Crouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Could well be - and if they do, we should definitely organise to ask the ACCC to investigate them on their possible lawbreaking.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert