Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I need help with TOC

When I hit TOC, I can see all the Chapters are selected but every link is leading to Chapter 1.

Please tell me how to fix the links so the TOC can go to the right chapter.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
When I hit TOC, I can see all the Chapters are selected but every link is leading to Chapter 1.

Please tell me how to fix the links so the TOC can go to the right chapter.
We are not talking about an inline TOC which is different than the TOC you get pressing F7. (If you split a file, you may need to edit the INLINE TOC in code vief to reflect the various names, now shown in the book browser. An Inline TOC is not needed. Reader function should do this on it's own)

Is the file that has Chapter 1, also have multiple (all the other) chapters further down the page?

If you made the TOC by making chapter headings(h1, h2 or h3) with Sigil, it should be correct.
What does another program, like EPUBReader do with the TOC
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Sounds like the OP is talking about an inline TOC (please correct me if I'm wrong). As theducks said, an inline TOC is not necessary in an epub, and IMHO it is not desirable. BUT, that said, many people are intending to convert the epub to mobi (aimed at Kindle -- why else would you bother?) and for that, an inline TOC is a big plus. Kindle doesn't make use of the toc.ncx file in any practical way. Nor, of course does Mobipocket reader.

If you convert epub -> mobi via calibre, you will get an inline TOC created from the epub toc.ncx file ( but you will lose some semantic information from the <guide> section).

If you convert epub -> mobi via kindlegen, no inline TOC will be created from the toc.ncx. Therefore if you haven't put one in manually, the mobi won't have one.

That, I think, is responsible for the interest in an inline TOC that is often expressed here in the sigil forum as well as the epub forum.

In my personal view (YMMV) this is mobi / kindle's problem, not that of the epub format. For a further discussion of the epub -> mobi conversion dilemma, there is an extensive thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102036

HTH
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote