Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #766
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I decided to create a omnibus of some of Oscar Wilde's writings. Just the fiction as yet. No poems, plays or other writings.
You may want to use my text for "The Picture of Dorian Gray", which is (proof)read and corrected.

I've decided my next English project will be Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer", illustrated of course. I plan to go after the other Sawyer/Huckleberry books afterwards.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #767
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I have been making some last touches on a collection of Edgar Allen Poe's works this evening. I started it some time back, but had been having trouble with the TOC (I had the force TOC option checked). His poetry isn't easy to format for some reason, but the rest of the collection has come together pretty well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #768
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went back to a project I started some time back and produced a Two Volume set of Zane Grey's books. Those that are in PD where I live anyway.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #769
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I have just uploaded the two Alice books (illustrated version) by Lewis Carroll in one file to the board. Several people suggested it. The project was an interesting challenge. Getting the pictures sized right so the file wouldn't be too large, etc.

Last edited by crich70; 04-09-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #770
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I've just been finishing up some formatting of the TOC for the 1st volume of a 4 volume collection of Anna Katharine Green's works. Those that are online that is. One book (Doctor Izard) doesn't appear to have been scanned in as yet (it was pub. in 1895). I might have to dig through my books and find my copy (if possible). Turns out it might be rare and have some value which would be funny since my copy at a thrift shop yrs ago cost me about .25.
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #771
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please use the correct format for the thread titles of your uploads, in particular, use a colon (:) and not a slash (/) after the author name.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #772
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize it mattered which was used and where in the title such was placed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Please use the correct format for the thread titles of your uploads, in particular, use a colon ( and not a slash (/) after the author name.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #773
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, it matters. The code which indexes the books looks specifically for a colon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #774
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Charles Dickens - Bleak House

I've finally finished what's undoubtedly the hardest proof-reading task I've undertaken thus far - "Bleak House" by Charles Dickens. There weren't that many actual errors in the book; probably around 20 in total. The problem was that the PG source, on which this was ultimately based, is (for whatever reason) missing the vast majority of its punctuation. Sentences are OK, but most commas are missing. I would estimate that I've had to add something of the order of 20000-30000 punctuation marks back in to the book, which is why it's taken me about 3 months to complete.

I also took the opportunity to re-scan all the illustrations, which are now of much better quality than before.

I'd now regard this as "complete". If you find even the smallest remaining error, pleaser let me know.

Uploaded in LRF, Mobi, and ePub formats. Enjoy!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #775
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would estimate that I've had to add something of the order of 20000-30000 punctuation marks back in to the book
[...]
I'd now regard this as "complete". If you find even the smallest remaining error, pleaser let me know.
With so many changes, I'm sure there are two or three more commas missing
Old 04-29-2011, 03:38 AM   #776
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Norway -The Northern Playground

Finally finished W.C. Slingsbys description of his many mountaineering trips in Norway inn the late 19.th century.

Next project: a Norwegian version of Amundsens description of his south pole expedition.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #777
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amundsen: Sydpolen

Well, that was the Norwegian edition of Amundsens original description of his south pole expedition, fully illustrated. Getting the table of donors reasonably OK was a bit tricky though... Nice to make my own little contribution to the centenary of the conquest of the south pole.

Next: A Norwegian version of Fridtjof Nansen's "Farthest North"

Good to see the P. Clark library becoming more and more multilingual. Wonder if it is possible to also index books according to language?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #778
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Just uploaded "The Diary of A Nobody" by George Grossmith and Illustrated by Weedon Grossmith. I guess Amazon has it for free but they don't mention if their copy comes with illustrations or not. This one does though.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #779
SBT
Fanatic

Recently uploaded "Vagrant Viking", the autobiography of Peter Freuchen, the Danish explorer who founded the trading station at Thule, Greenland, together with Knud Rasmussen.

Staying in the same corner of the globe, I'm now working on Elisha Kane's description of the 2nd Grinnell Expedition.

I'm also trying to make a fuly illustrated version of "Heimskringla", the saga about the ancient kings of Norway.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #780
cefeida
cefeida began at the beginning.

Device: cefeidaLB
that right

that's right dude
cefeida is offline   Reply With Quote