Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #721
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm trying to convert the text file versions of Zane Grey's books (the one's in PD in the U.S.) to epubs and mobi files. I'm making some good progress I think too. Haven't read every single word etc. of the texts but from what I can see in Sigil they seem to have been done well in the text file versions. I did find at least one error in one book though. It was supposed to be the word "The" at the start of a sentence and the original typist had typed "He" by mistake. Probably their finger slipped while typing it in and they didn't notice it in their own edit before uploading.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #722
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'm having a go at Calculus Made Easy, by FRS.

Being a very simplest introduction to those beautiful methods of reckoning which are generally called by the terrifying names of Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus.

I know it will have limited appeal, but it's an interesting exercise in creating an electronic version.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #723
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
And you will get to 'add' to available human knowledge too. lol. Sorry couldn't resist a good pun. Good luck with your project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm having a go at Calculus Made Easy, by FRS.

Being a very simplest introduction to those beautiful methods of reckoning which are generally called by the terrifying names of Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus.

I know it will have limited appeal, but it's an interesting exercise in creating an electronic version.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #724
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Martin Chuzzlewit, by Charles Dickens

Continuing towards my goal of a thoroughly proofed "Complete Works of Dickens", I've just uploaded a new version of "Martin Chuzzlewit", meticulously proofed against the "Oxford Illustrated Dickens" edition, with all the original illustrations by "Phiz".

Although not one of Dickens' most popular novels, this is a personal favourite of mine. I hope it brings pleasure to someone!

Uploaded in LRF, Mobipocket, and ePub formats.

Enjoy!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #725
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Ibsen, Nansen, and more...

Trying to live up to my ambition to upload Norwegian litterature in the original...

Currently working on converting the plays of Henrik Ibsen to epub and mobi. Also proofreading Fridtjof Nansen "Paa ski over Grønland" at http://runeberg.org, and intend to convert that to epub in time.

In time, I hope to proofread various polar litterature based on the OCR scans from the Norwegian National Library.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #726
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Trying to live up to my ambition to upload Norwegian litterature in the original...

Currently working on converting the plays of Henrik Ibsen to epub and mobi. Also proofreading Fridtjof Nansen "Paa ski over Grønland" at http://runeberg.org, and intend to convert that to epub in time.

In time, I hope to proofread various polar litterature based on the OCR scans from the Norwegian National Library.
Excellent! That will be a very worthy addition to our library.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #727
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I'm working on My Bondage and My Freedom by Frederick Douglass in ePub format.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:30 AM   #728
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've uploaded My Bondage and My Freedom, and am now working on Running a Thousand Miles for Freedom, which it mentions in passing.

Regards, Alex
Old 11-18-2010, 07:02 AM   #729
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I've finished (proof)reading the last trilogy of Galsworthy's Forsyte Chronicles: End of the Chapter. I just have to apply the last corrections and create the Mobipocket version, it will be uploaded this weekend or next week, I expect. What a gread read
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #730
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've finished (proof)reading the last trilogy of Galsworthy's Forsyte Chronicles: End of the Chapter. I just have to apply the last corrections and create the Mobipocket version, it will be uploaded this weekend or next week, I expect. What a gread read
That's brilliant - very many thanks! Are you going to do the book of short stories, too, just to finish it off?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #731
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's brilliant - very many thanks! Are you going to do the book of short stories, too, just to finish it off?
Do you mean "On Forsyte 'Change" (Mobi) (ePUB)?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #732
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Do you mean "On Forsyte 'Change" (Mobi) (ePUB)?
That's the one!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #733
AlexBell
Wizard

I've just started work on and illustrated version of Life and Times of Frederick Douglass

Regards, Alex
Old 11-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #734
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Icelandic saga: Gunnlaug Ormstunges saga

Still working on expanding the Norwegian language section of the library...
Besides trying to complete the series of Henrik Ibsen plays, I've started on Gunnlaug Ormstunges saga, one of the classics of old Norse literature.

The text is from the Norwegian National Library. They have put ~18,000 books available online (for those with a Norwegian IP-address), and for works past Norwegian copyright, they've made the book scans available as PDF w/ OCR. , they should be accessible from outside Norway. They also have English translations of Norwegian works.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #735
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The Chronicles of Barsetshire by Anthony Trollope - now complete

I'm very happy to report that the proof-reading of Anthony Trollope's wonderful "Chronicles of Barsetshire" is now complete. I've thoroughly proof-read the final two (extremely long!) novels in the omnibus against their respective "Penguin Classics" editions, and uploaded a new (and hopefully final) version of the omnibus in BBeB, Mobipocket, and ePub formats. I've also taken the opportunity to rename the book from "The Barchester Chronicles" to "The Chronicles of Barsetshire", since this is the name by which the series is generally known.

It's been a long slog to proof-read the six books in this series (well over a year), but I've thoroughly enjoyed reading them; it's a superb series.

I hope that other people enjoy these books as much as I've done.