Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #661
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah View Post
In fact the ocr is very bad, a lot worse than I did already. Are there ocr software that can process pdf files ? Mine is a very old ABBYY Finereader 5.0 sprint and it only reads images (tif)
Newer ABBYY versions can read PDFs. Or you can get tiff images from the PDF (with pdfimages on linux, for instance). Or you could process the raw scanned images: click on "All files: HTTP" and download the *_orig_jp2.tar or similar.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #662
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Margaret Oliphant "He That Will Not While He May"

Margaret Oliphant "He That Will Not While He May"

Working from a PDF found in the Internet Archive site.

It could take a while, but I haven't found any non-PDF versions, other than the rudimentary files in the Internet Archive site.

If anyone knows of one I'd be grateful to hear about it.

UPDATE: 7th July 2009 - files uploaded.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-10-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #663
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
G.K. Chesterton's "Father Brown" stories

I have just uploaded a new edition of my omnibus edition of G.K. Chesterton's "Father Brown" stories. I bought the Penguin edition of "The Complete Father Brown" and proofed against that, fixing several thousand errors as a result and restoring all the missing italics, accented letters, and other formatting that was missing from the ASCII originals.

Uploaded for Sony and MobiPocket.

Enjoy!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #664
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Margaret Oliphant "Miss Marjoribanks"

Just started work on 'Miss Marjoribanks' by Margaret Oliphant using a PDF source.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #665
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Brilliant. I'm looking forward to this one, Sparrow.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #666
Sparrow
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Brilliant. I'm looking forward to this one, Sparrow.
Thanks for the encouragement Patricia.

I was surprised it wasn't on Gutenberg, it's probably her most famous novel (BBC Radio serialised it a while back), but the best I could find were PDFs.

I'm enjoying what I've read of it so far - stay tuned!

UPDATE: Completed and uploaded

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-23-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 AM   #667
Sparrow
Wizard

Margaret Oliphant "Sir Tom"

Just started on Margaret Oliphant's "Sir Tom".

Update - Completed.

Last edited by Sparrow; 08-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #668
Sparrow
Wizard

Margaret Oliphant "Diana Trelawny"

Just started working on "Diana Trelawny" by Margaret Oliphant.

Update: - Completed.

Last edited by Sparrow; 08-13-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #669
waller4343
Enthusiast
waller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle DX, K3, iPad
I have a quick question about Upload (and probably download) size of files allowed. I have just finished putting together the Memoirs of a Physician by Dumas (Joseph Balsamo and Memoirs combined) and I was hoping to try to get all the Marie Antoinette series into a single, in order, omnibus. But the PRC file is almost 2 megs and I am guessing that is too much. So, what is the size limit for your books?

Thanks,
waller4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #670
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by waller4343 View Post
So, what is the size limit for your books
The forum allows up to 20MB for most book attachments (including Mobi/prc). See "manage attachments" when making a post to see the file size limits.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #671
waller4343
Enthusiast
waller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverwaller4343 exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle DX, K3, iPad
Thanks.
waller4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #672
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by waller4343 View Post
But the PRC file is almost 2 megs and I am guessing that is too much. So, what is the size limit for your books?

Thanks,
Really, a 2MB Mobi file is not terribly large . As has been said, the size limit for all the popular eBook formats is 20MB. I've posted a number of books that are over 10MB in size.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #673
Scullion
Scullion is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Á la recherche du temps perdu (French)

Á la recherche du temps perdu is available for download in French at a number of places but I found none that was presentable on the Sony Reader so I have started on one. The files will be arranged as in the Bibliothèque de la Pléiade three volume edition :

Tome 1 : Du côté de chez Swann, À l'ombre des jeunes filles en fleurs 1 - 2
Tome 2 : Le côté de Guermantes I et II; Sodome et Gomorrhe I et II
Tome 3 : La Prisonnière, Albertine disparue, Le Temps retrouvé

These are now uploaded.

Last edited by Scullion; 08-20-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Uploaded
Scullion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #674
Sparrow
Wizard

Margaret Oliphant "The Days of My Life"

Just started on Margaret Oliphant's "The Days of My Life".

I can't stop myself reading her books.

Update: Now completed.

Last edited by Sparrow; 08-28-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #675
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Just started on Margaret Oliphant's "The Days of My Life".

I can't stop myself reading her books.
I bet you'd like Charlotte Lennox's Arabella

Great work all of you editor/uploaders!
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote