Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 08-09-2003, 05:30 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Problem with Default Text Encoding Options

iSilo/X V4.0 beta 2 installed, using WCC V1.10.

Applied the following default setting:
iSiloX -> Document -> Default Properties -> Document ->
Output document text encoding = Windows-1252
For source files that do not... = Windows-1252

Convert "Spiegel +" (from WCC, General World News -> German) with Properties -> Document -> Text Encoding Options ->
Output document text encoding = default
For source files that do not... = default

iSiloX parses the channel successfully, but the resulting file is empty with only 7Kb. If I change the channel properties to Properties -> Document -> Text Encoding Options ->
Output document text encoding = Windows-1252 the resulting file is OK.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:42 AM   #17
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
ANGRY

That's the word to describe me now. I installed the beta2 of iSiloX, and asked it to open the News files I had set up for conversion in iSilo 3 and which had worked in beta1. Result: nothing! It doesn't even recognize they are there. Could the people at iSilo not have posted some warning that this could happen?

Now what am I supposed to do? Incidentally, I tried to reinstall beta1 but without success. Even though I was installing beta1, it was beta 2 that got installed.

Any help is welcome.

radleyp
Old 08-11-2003, 11:51 AM   #18
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Just got beta1 reinstalled. What to do about beta2? radleyp
Old 08-11-2003, 12:05 PM   #19
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

It turns out that the issue here has to do with the new text transcoding feature. The content at the URL is encoded using ISO8859-15, which is a supported input encoding, but not a supported output encoding. Since the default setting for the output encoding is to use the encoding of the first source file, the content ends up being blank. As Alexander already mentioned, the workaround for now is to go into the Properties for the entry with iSiloX, go to the Document tab, click "Text Encoding Options" and set the "Output document text encoding" to "Western European (Windows-1252)", then reconvert. In the next beta update to iSiloX, this issue will be addressed so that if the first source file text encoding is not a supported output encoding, the output will be automatically set to windows-1252.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Problem with Default Text Encoding Options

iSilo/X V4.0 beta 2 installed, using WCC V1.10.

Applied the following default setting:
iSiloX -> Document -> Default Properties -> Document ->
Output document text encoding = Windows-1252
For source files that do not... = Windows-1252

Convert "Spiegel +" (from WCC, General World News -> German) with Properties -> Document -> Text Encoding Options ->
Output document text encoding = default
For source files that do not... = default

iSiloX parses the channel successfully, but the resulting file is empty with only 7Kb. If I change the channel properties to Properties -> Document -> Text Encoding Options ->
Output document text encoding = Windows-1252 the resulting file is OK.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:22 PM   #20
radleyp
Evangelist

Thanks for the quick response. The problem with this work-around is that since none of my News sites now appears in the iSilo box, I must go back into WCC110 or to the webpage I seek to convert and put each site back manually. I think I'll wait for the next beta. radleyp
Old 08-11-2003, 04:57 PM   #21
radleyp
Evangelist

Alexander, how on earth do you add a document to this new beta? If I hit the "open" icon and try to go to WCC 1.10, as you know, nothing shows up. And there is no "add" document command. Oh, well, I decided to give it another whirl, but I'm just going to go back to beta1 for now. radleyp
Old 08-11-2003, 06:29 PM   #22
radleyp
Evangelist

VERY EMBARRASSED

PLEASE DISREGARD ALL MY ABOVE MESSAGES!!!!!! I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE WRONG PROGRAM. I HAVE NOW INSTALLED BETA2 OF ISILOX AND IT WORKS, AND IT WAS EASY TO MAKE THE NECESSARY MANUAL ADJUSTMENTS. SORRY. radleyp
Old 08-12-2003, 11:00 AM   #23
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
iSilo/X V4.0 Beta 2

Channel: http://www.euronews.net/en/webtogo/

Using lossy image compression on lossy images results in garbled image output.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Not sure if it also happens with earlier versions of iSiloX, but with 4.0 Beta 2:

From WCC Pb.pl [pl] http://193.109.123.26/avantgo/index.php is converting fine, only complains about missing http://193.109.123.26/avantgo/style.css, but ends with status Error, 0Kb file.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:15 AM   #25
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

I upgraded to 4.0b3 yesterday. I now get a very strange fatal exception attempting to open 3 sites (out of the 26 sites I daily convert & sync) on my beloved HandEra 330. See the attached file.

Brighthand News; http://www.brighthand.com/palm/news/
Gawker NYC Trash News; http://www.gawker.com/text.html
CNET (small content); http://cnet.vitalstream.com/

The crash (whether sites are converted on my work WinNT or home WinME) occurs when I try to open these file in iSilo.
I've made no sexy modifications or encoding for fonts in iSiloX. After installing 4.0b3 I hotsynced my scheduled-converted links as usual. These worked before, most of them still do.

The strange part is the crash description:

"Intl Dispatch.C,Line 126 Unsupported International Call 26866"
the last 5 digit number changed at each crash.
The beta thinks my HE is a phone-- cool!

Marty
Attached Files
File Type: ixl fatalexceptions40b3.ixl (10.5 KB, 435 views)