Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
radar69
radar69 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Is this how Amazon going to treat us?

Check it out!
link

The book is selling for $9.99 yet it cost us $12.57 for the kindle edition?
radar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar69 View Post
Check it out!
link

The book can be pre-ordered as a Mass Market PB for 9.99, but it's not out yet and once the MMPB is out chances are the Kindle price will drop as well. Until then the publisher is basing the price on the Hardcover which is over $17 on Amazon.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-21-2009 at 04:52 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Check it out!
link

You'll notice that sometimes new books are introduced at a price higher than $9.99. If you wait a week or so, the price drops to $9.99. I just recently had to wait 8 days for a book I wanted to drop in price. Since I have so much reading material, it's not that big a deal to wait a bit.

Keep in mind that Amazon only promises "New York Times® Best Sellers and New Releases are $9.99, unless marked otherwise".
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Check it out!
link

Have you tried getting it thru your library for your K?

Clevenet Library has it in Adobe and mobipocket.

And it would be free.......(until it expired and you can always check it out again.)

Ranting against Amazon will not change a thing. They will do what they want.

We just have to be smarter than them.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
ok.. I'm new, sorry... I didn't know there was a Library for the K. WOW... could someone give me more info? Will Adobe/Mobipocket books work on the K?
Thanks & sorry for the newbie post
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
read the wiki

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrodrigues View Post
ok.. I'm new, sorry... I didn't know there was a Library for the K. WOW... could someone give me more info? Will Adobe/Mobipocket books work on the K?
Thanks & sorry for the newbie post
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

thanks.. Learn something new everyday
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
lala
lala began at the beginning.

Thanks! Didn't realize there was a Wiki. I never knew I could sign up for a library card in San Jose, CA.
lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I was just talking to someone who volunteers with the SJ library a few days ago and she didn't know they had ebooks, either. They seem to be keeping it a secret.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I was just talking to someone who volunteers with the SJ library a few days ago and she didn't know they had ebooks, either. They seem to be keeping it a secret.
What did she say? Did you show you the ebooks you had checked out from them?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
That's tricky.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #12
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
What did she say? Did you show you the ebooks you had checked out from them?
I didn't have any to show at the moment. She was asking about my Kindle and whether I liked it and I mentioned that she could even get books from our library, with a little conversion. She was surprised to find out that we had an ebook collection. She asked how to check them out so I told her about the website.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote