Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
pspvhp
pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.2
kindle touch 5.3.2.1

hi all
I have a kindle touch 5.3.2.1 and i want to change my kindle touch language. But my language doesn't have on the setting. Can I translate kindle touch language to others language. I think just translate all English to others but I don't know where it is?
pspvhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
There was a localisation hack for 5.0.x but ixtab (lead dev and practically the only one who understood how the heck that thing worked) abandoned that project at around 5.1.x. (It came with a few localisations already)
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
There was a localisation hack for 5.0.x but ixtab (lead dev and practically the only one who understood how the heck that thing worked) abandoned that project at around 5.1.x. (It came with a few localisations already)
Objection, your honor!

Understanding how localization works is pretty much trivial. You "only" have to define the correct resources. That includes Java resource bundles, Javascript localized "string files", and gettext files for blanket.
Actually providing localization files is more involved - it's essentially a reverse engineering task to find out what must be localized, and then to package it back. (And BTW, much of the effort concerning the JS part was done by eureka, not me).

All the required information is available in this thread. Whoever wants to can revive that project and adapt it to other firmwares.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
pspvhp
pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.pspvhp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.2
thank you
pspvhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Objection, your honor!

Understanding how localization works is pretty much trivial. You "only" have to define the correct resources. That includes Java resource bundles, Javascript localized "string files", and gettext files for blanket.
Actually providing localization files is more involved - it's essentially a reverse engineering task to find out what must be localized, and then to package it back. (And BTW, much of the effort concerning the JS part was done by eureka, not me).

All the required information is available in this thread. Whoever wants to can revive that project and adapt it to other firmwares.
I meant the auto-builds and snapshots, the transifex stuff, the unofficial kindletool-in-a-jar-with-lots-of-other-stuff.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
h.g.d.s.w